DIY Audio Ottawa 21-22 Feb 2015

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now that Pierre has got confirmation (Thanks), I'll get that info posted...s/b able to copy & update & get it posted within 24. Earlier in the thread, we had Mark offering/agreeing to make a presentation & I trust that this is still a go.
Pierre T-T setup(s) will be mentioned.

Any other "scheduled" events to mention? i.e. anyone else willing to speak at the front of the class - probably on Sunday - about something you've learned about while planning your DAC, or your active speakers, or other project? Let me know & I'll mention it... have to get the punters in somehow.

Thanks, Ron

Either day is fine for me in that regard.

Don't worry about me Pierre, please do what is at your convenience. I may not be able to attend Saturday and its TBD if I'll be able to transport the player due to the fragile sapphire disc (have to see if I still have the shipping carton)

I'll be there Sunday and will bring the updated Napoleons and the modified JR149s. I'm looking forward to hearing your final creation!

Also looking forward to catching up with everyone.

2015 Ottawa DIY Audio Gathering

All DIYers and curious newcomers are invited to this event. There will be a range of gear and music to listen to in a casual atmosphere, and some informative conversations.

Where:
At the General Burns Park and Community Centre
107 Chesterton Drive (86 Argue Drive)
This is east of Merivale Road, and south of Meadowlands Drive
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Gen...1c6e3ad6747351

When:
Saturday 21 February from 12 (noon) to 7 pm, and
Sunday 22 February from 9 am to 7 pm

Saturday Schedule (as always, subject to change):
- Setup and photos of equipment
- Brown bag dinner (there is a fridge to keep food and beverages cold)
- Listening to music on various set-ups & discussion about the equipment

- Formal activity: Measurement of (your) drivers and/or speakers by Mark Kravchenko
- Formal activity: Turntable “clinic” by Pierre: hands-on demonstration of cartridge alignment, demonstrated on T-T’s that participants bring to the meeting (time permitting)

Sunday Schedule (as always, subject to change):
- Setup and photos of equipment
- Brown bag lunch (there is a fridge to keep food and beverages cold)
- Listening to music on various set-ups & discussion about the equipment. We anticipate seeing some DIY headphone systems, DAC’s, horn-loaded speakers, LS3/5 clone, and more; plus, a comparison of 2 different crossover designs in otherwise equivalent speakers.
- Formal activity: Seminar by Mark Kravchenko (speakers) of Kravchenko-Audio, drawing on his DIY and professional speaker-building experience
- Trades (DIYers like to reuse and recycle )
- Pack and clean up.

How much?
A small fee to cover rental of the room. This is a not-for-profit event. Based on past experience, we anticipate that this year’s fee will be $10 per person (please bring exact change).

Parking: Is free and close by

Recommendation for comfort:
Footwear that was worn outside should be left at the door to minimize the clean-up. You might want to bring indoor shoes or slippers to wear.

Last edited:
Yes, Mark ... it is a "formal activity", but you can probably wear something like you wore to Rocky Mountain Audio Fest - I don't remember what I saw in the photo, but if it's good enough for RMAF, it should be good enough for DIY Ottawa.

And you'll probably notice that since you were ok with either day, and we seemed to have "hands-on" stuff on Saturday, I decided to put your seminar on Sunday's schedule (plus, I think Dave wanted to be there).

But to everyone else - tell Mark what you want him to talk about, or else he might just think we only want to her pipe organ music played loudly!

Thank you Dave. I look forward to hearing them. :)

Thanks very much Pierre! I'm looking forward to hearing your labour-of-love horn creations as well.

I also updated the design spec for the Napoleons with the modified crossover. Nice thing is it only changes two parts and the mod can be made with a 2ohm (or 1 ohm) resistor and 1.68uF cap per speaker.

Details posted for the curious at:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mult...y-punches-above-its-weight-4.html#post4218347

Hey Guys, glad to see the group is still getting together. I know I said this last time and didn't show (events conspired to prevent it) but I'd like to swing by next weekend with a pair of ZRTs I built. I sold the Eton 8.1s so just the Zaphs to play with.

Attachments

• IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    592.7 KB · Views: 161
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.