Fall 2014 NorCal DIY Audio Group MTG: SAT, OCT 25 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th June 2014, 04:51 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Fall 2014 NorCal DIY Audio Group MTG: SAT, OCT 25

The date has been set for the Fall 2014 meeting of the NorCal DIY Audio Group:

When:
9am-5pm, Saturday October 25, 2014
Where:
Stonegate Club great room, 919 Lake Blvd, Davis, CA 95616

I will be posting additional details in this thread as the date approaches. Hope to see you there.

-Charlie
Old 4th July 2014, 04:38 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Just a quick update...

We're still on track for the event. We will have at least one well-known guest speaker talking about loudspeakers/audio.

A give away/sell/swap meet will be ongoing during the day. Please do not bring your electronics trash and abandon it if no-one wants it. Please do bring parts and gear that others might be interested in. If you want to make it known that you have something that you want to sell and are looking to generate interest before the day of the event, feel free to post about it in this thread.

I will likely be building a web page in advance of the event with pics of people's projects. I will follow up with more info about this as we get closer to the date.

Start getting those projects ready!

-Charlie
Old 16th August 2014, 05:27 PM   #3
nikon f is offline nikon f  United States
diyAudio Member

Count me in, I will be demonstrating the new Bottlehead Quicksand chip amplifier, along with the Quickie-battery powered preamp, SEX 2.1 amplifier, and power cord. Haven't decided what speakers to bring. I will also have a Heathkit AA-32 tube amp that I rebuilt and never got around to purchasing the tubes for it.
Old 25th August 2014, 03:10 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I'm popping this back up to the top with a reminder that the date is about two months away. NorCal DIY audio people should have this on their calendar, as it is the only area event this year since BA is taking a break until 2015.
Old 26th August 2014, 03:45 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I should be there, with a modest active system.

What do you anticipate using as a signal source? Will there be a 'standard' test track as in the past, or is that up to the individual exhibitor?

Bill
Old 26th August 2014, 04:00 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousymusician View Post
I should be there, with a modest active system.

What do you anticipate using as a signal source? Will there be a 'standard' test track as in the past, or is that up to the individual exhibitor?

Bill
This is always a tough call. If there is standard program material that everyone needs to use, it gets very repetitive but it is at least a basis to make comparisons between systems. In the past we have had each speaker demo play the pre-selected demo tracks for 5 minutes and then allowed 5-10 minutes worth of track(s) of the builder's choosing. It seemed to be a good compromise.

There has not been a final decision on this for the upcoming meeting, but it's probably about time to figure this out...

Hide this!Advertise here!