10th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2013 - Page 31 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2013, 08:01 AM   #301
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator
 
planet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Victoria, BC, NA, Sol III
Blog Entries: 5
I thotthose were one of Al Wooley's (for Bob)

dave
__________________
community sites t-linespeakers.org, frugal-horn.com, frugal-phile.com ........ commercial site planet10-HiFi
p10-hifi forum here at diyA
  Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2013, 02:32 PM   #302
CSS/XBL is offline CSS/XBL  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardg View Post
Chris asked:

If I got it right, they were tall 3 ways, in unfinished cabs, with the crossover protruding out the back, guarded by a piece of pegboard Masonite. They came in Bob's car.
These are a set of unfinished prototypes that Al has been working on for me. Mike came with me to the event and I appreciated him help carry things back and forth. Thanks Mike.

They may be further along by the Cultus event on the 29th and I plan to bring them in any case.

Bob
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 04:02 AM   #303
howardg is offline howardg  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Ohhhhhhh I see. Thanks for the correction. I do find it entertaining when I find out that something that I supposed to be true, is not like I thought it is/was. Glad we now have credit where it is due. I still wish I had heard them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 05:46 AM   #304
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator
 
Cal Weldon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Near Vancouver
I delivered the V2's to Al today. Sure is nice to talk with him again even if I only understand 20% or so of what he speaks. It was a great couple of hours, and his wife (name withheld for obvious reasons, but let's call her 'N') was very patient with me as they seemed to have other things on the menu while I was more interested in speaker talk, and Al was very accommodating.
Thanks 'N', I have no one else to do this with in person. You were very good about it.
__________________
Next stop: Margaritaville
Some of Cal's stuff | Cal Weldon Consulting
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2013, 11:22 PM   #305
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator
 
Cal Weldon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Near Vancouver
Anyone seen these two recently? Apparently they are MIA. Not sure what happened last Friday but I found my shirt out on the road the next morning, not to mention all the empty bottles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01267.jpg (193.0 KB, 166 views)
__________________
Next stop: Margaritaville
Some of Cal's stuff | Cal Weldon Consulting
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2013, 11:58 PM   #306
RAW is offline RAW  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: British Columbia ,Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
I thotthose were one of Al Wooley's (for Bob)

dave
Click the image to open in full size.

yes those were the 3way with the Motus woofer more to follow on those.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 01:18 AM   #307
Dave R is offline Dave R  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Dave R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Weldon View Post
Anyone seen these two recently? Apparently they are MIA. Not sure what happened last Friday but I found my shirt out on the road the next morning, not to mention all the empty bottles.
"these two" what -- lumberjacks or beers?
__________________
- Dave R
the 200% Norske
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 01:59 AM   #308
RAW is offline RAW  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: British Columbia ,Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Weldon View Post
I delivered the V2's to Al today. Sure is nice to talk with him again even if I only understand 20% or so of what he speaks. It was a great couple of hours, and his wife (name withheld for obvious reasons, but let's call her 'N') was very patient with me as they seemed to have other things on the menu while I was more interested in speaker talk, and Al was very accommodating.
Thanks 'N', I have no one else to do this with in person. You were very good about it.
Cal you have got it right one lucky guy she puts up with my addiction
And "N" laughed when I showed her your post and said thanks

Was great to see you Cal as well. Maybe another day we take some on wall measurements of those new crafts of yours..
  Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 10:31 PM   #309
diyAudio Member
 
stochastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
For those of you interested in meeting up again before the next Island meet, SFU Acoustics Engineering Club is organizing a festival in late January (24th) in Burnaby. Simon Fraser Audio, Acoustics, and Signal Processing Festival (Burnaby, BC, Canada)
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 07:55 AM   #310
TerryO is offline TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member
 
TerryO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle,Wash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stochastic View Post
For those of you interested in meeting up again before the next Island meet, SFU Acoustics Engineering Club is organizing a festival in late January (24th) in Burnaby. Simon Fraser Audio, Acoustics, and Signal Processing Festival (Burnaby, BC, Canada)
I may be out of place, but are you connected in any way to the Planet10 event? If not, I believe that good manners would dictate that you start your own thread instead of co-opting someone else's well established event.
__________________
"If you have to ask why, then you're probably on the right track."
quote from Terry Olson's DIYaudio Forum application
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:41 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2