The Burning Amp 2012-Schedules & Info - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th October 2012, 03:13 AM   #71
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
The freebies were a scarce last year, but we still had an OK amount. Speaker drivers?, nah no one will want those.. hahahahahahahahaha! Of COURSE they'll want them ! Bring 'em in and we'll put them in the freebie raffle. I've devised a decent way to make sure people actually want the stuff they win.
Now that you mention it, I have a case (24 pcs?) of the woofers used in the loudspeaker project shown below. They are Peerless 850443 5.25" and have pretty low distortion. Measurements, specs, and a well-designed crossover for the tweeter used in the project (Vifa DQ25SC16-04) can be found here:
www.audioheuristics.org/projects_gallery/Peerless_2_way/Charlies2way.htm
These should be raffled off in pairs, so 12 lucky winners!

These can be used to make a great monitor that would come in handy for checking out your latest amplifier project. Amplifiers are for more than just looking at, right? Ya need da speakers. Just try to confine any burning to the amp itself, OK?

Click the image to open in full size.

-Charlie
Old 8th October 2012, 03:28 AM   #72
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

great! pairs- exactly.. .. You're right, when paired with some design, they are oh so more precious.. Thank you , from all the lucky winners.

I know the guy who got those 21" woofers you donated last year. He build them into some open baffles, but had to run back to MIT for the school year. He blames BA for his downward slide into technophilia.
Old 8th October 2012, 02:41 PM   #73
Renron is offline Renron  United States
diyAudio Member

Mark,
I'll see you around 8:30 Sunday Morning (XL please), traffic wiling.
Coming in from Sacramento Area, easy drive, should be a fun day.
Do you have a time table set yet? Wifee wants to do dinner in "The City" and SWMBO is driving, its a long walk home....................
Ron
Old 12th October 2012, 02:02 PM   #74
berndt is offline berndt  United States
diyAudio Member

Default volunteer call to arms

October 20th 3pm to 5pm. 616 grand avenue, south san Francisco Mark variac will be addressing the assembled crewfor the upcoming burning amp. I'll be serving home smoked brisket, please bring a dish to pass. Last year we had eight guys come. The more the merrier! Be part of THE DIY audio show of the year.
There is more to burning amp than bringing your equipment. Bring your body and help the event! Best regards, Bill
Old 19th October 2012, 05:02 PM   #75
berndt is offline berndt  United States
diyAudio Member

One more notice for the volunteer assembly tomorrow!
Old 19th October 2012, 07:31 PM   #76
Renron is offline Renron  United States
diyAudio Member

Can't make it tomorrow, it's the opening day of Duck season! fer cryin' out loud.
I'll be there in S.F. by 8:30 in the morning thou.

Ron
Old 20th October 2012, 04:32 AM   #77
diyAudio Member

Speaking of volunteers, is there any chance that I could get a couple of people to help me move a couple of pairs of speakers and a couple of pieces of gear up to the 2nd floor around 8:30 or 9am? It should only take 15 minutes (depending on how backed up the line to the elevator becomes...).

Mark - Are your people available to help with this kind of thing, or would you prefer that I try to find my own volunteers?

-Charlie
Old 20th October 2012, 07:25 PM   #78
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

We'll be standing by to help at 8:30. Also others will be there with their stuff and you can help each other. Doors don't open till 9 but we can get equipment staged right up by the front door
Old 21st October 2012, 10:29 PM   #79
diyAudio Member

Mark,

It looks like I'll be able to make this year's BA. Late notice, I know, but if there's room I'll bring a set of dipole speakers with Fostex FE166E's above dual 15" Jamo woofers, a laptop source and mid-power solid state amp to have a playable system.

Be happy to run with other sources / amps. Something above flea-power is preferable, the woofers need a decent damping factor. Single ended tubes don't seem to cut it. Not sure which room would suit the speakers, I'll leave that up to you.

Looking forward to it!

Bill Mennuti
Old 21st October 2012, 11:04 PM   #80
amb is offline amb  United States
diyAudio Member

I am attending, and will bring a pair of Audio Artistry CBT36 curved line-source speakers that I completed from a kit recently. I will also bring the associated power amps, DSP crossover, sources and a pair of subwoofers.

My CBT36 build log.

Looking forward to the gathering.

Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!