The Burning Amp 2012-Schedules & Info - Page 15 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 26th October 2012, 08:12 AM   #141
Variac is offline Variac  Costa Rica
diyAudio Editor

Did you guys see this? Awesome! They'll have 'em at the show..
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul n View Post
Hello BAF 2012 Attendees:

LIS will have the "New" BAF 2012 Tee Shirts for sale $20.00 each-Cash

[IMG]//http://www.slicart.com/comps/baf.html[/IMG]

SlicART Sportswear

See you at the Show !!!

Paul Norton
Linear Integrated Systems
Linear Integrated Systems - Home Page

Last edited by Variac; 26th October 2012 at 08:16 AM.

Old 26th October 2012, 03:20 PM   #142
KoHo is offline KoHo  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
Holy Cow indeed! Any speaker 6 feet tall and appearing to weigh over 200 lbs get in! I'll assign you a space . Look at post 2 on this thread..
The DeForest room is small , is that the best place for these? Every room can have 2 systems on each end, so I could put you in another room..
What's best?

Mark, I think DeForest room the size just like my home, estimate sound may better for my 8 inch drive and 1.95W tube amp

Old 26th October 2012, 03:28 PM   #143
zoe is offline zoe  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello BAF

I am bringing home built 6l6 pp amp, Oppo cd player, preamp and one set of speaker designed by Benchtester.

Joe J

Old 26th October 2012, 05:33 PM   #144
gl is offline gl  United States
diyAudio Member

Hey Mark,

If you still need a microphone and mic preamp I can bring a Shure SM58 and a Beringer (sp?) cheapo mic pre that puts out line level.

If you still need volunteers - like for instance a monitor for the Tesla room - I would be happy to serve. The only issue would be arrival time. I doubt that np and I would be there before 9:30 or 10:00.

Graeme

Old 26th October 2012, 06:18 PM   #145
jblast is offline jblast  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Set up time?

Mark - I will be in SF tonight. What time Saturday or Sunday should i be there to help set up?
-- Jon L

Old 27th October 2012, 12:05 AM   #146
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
Ron,

Later NHT gave us another literal truckload of speaker drivers and crossover components.
OK. Consider it more (unofficial) good will from an ex-NHT engineer. Unfortunately, my truck is out of commision, but I should be able to stuff a decent load into my car. What time should I arrive, where should I park, and can someone help unload?

R

Old 27th October 2012, 03:10 AM   #147
pwgtang is offline pwgtang  Armenia
diyAudio Member

I am interested in going but I am an old guy and do not want to drive to SF. I live in San Jose and can meet in the South Bay such as Sunnyvale Fry's or your
place.

I can help out with gas.

Thanks.
Paul

Old 27th October 2012, 04:21 AM   #148
diyAudio Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhorowitz View Post
OK. Consider it more (unofficial) good will from an ex-NHT engineer. Unfortunately, my truck is out of commision, but I should be able to stuff a decent load into my car. What time should I arrive, where should I park, and can someone help unload?

R
The official start is 10AM. The Give-A-Way is in the afternoon, like 3:00 or later. so show up anytime before that. Lunch is around noon. The presentations start at 1:00

Old 27th October 2012, 05:14 AM   #149
diyAudio Editor

To all Volunteers: The people who show up by 8:30 AM will probably be volunteers and get the mega-cool red T-shirts. Remember though, it's not all fun, in the beginning it's a lot like Work! as we load in sound blankets, equipment and arrange tables.

Then you will be supervising a room and making sure components are being swapped out. Make sure you have the personality to do this. Alternatively you may become a "firefighter" and help me solve the myriad of problems that pop up.

Old 27th October 2012, 06:02 AM   #150
RePeter is offline RePeter  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Volunteer

I plan on arriving at 8:30am and helping around the loading dock till 10, like I did last year. Maybe I'll meet the same german gentleman in the VW van or that couple in the white pickup truck with the many amplifiers.

Able and willing to help with other things, but obviously clueless about diyaudio VIPs.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!