The New England SummerSweatFest in Clinton MA Sat August 18th

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
3 or so times a year a bunch of us have a New England get together out in Clinton Mass; our next one is next Saturday August 18th.

The facility is in an old mill building where our hosts (Frank & Peter) have a woodworking and laser etching shop set up - so there's plenty of space.

While mostly folks from AudioKarma we do have others frequently attend that aren't active on that site - and I'd like to take this opportunity to invite like minded souls over here at diyaudio.

There are no fees involved - people are welcome to attend and bring stuff to buy/sell/trade as they like. There's always a wide range of stuff - from junque to treasures (each open to your own interpretation of course).

We'll set up a variety of listening rooms.

One room is dedicated to mostly vintage tube gear.

At one event I did a listener comparison of two identical Pioneer SX-850 receivers - one completely stock and the other recapped.

This event I'm going to set up a system with a phono and CD player with the same material / different formats - for people to compare.

People should feel free to set up gear or just to check it all out.

We encourage everyone to bring some food/drinks/snacks :drink: for others to share.

More details can be found on AK at:
New England SummerSweatFest August 18th in Clinton MA!

And the next day will be the MIT flea market - which will make for a tinkerers paradise weekend :rolleyes:.

Spouses invited, if you dare - I hope some of you will be able to swing by.

JimB

The New England SummerSweatFest get together:

Saturday August 18th, 2012
At Franks shop-
55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Just over the railroad tracks (kinda like Alice's Restaurant but not in an old church).

As usual we'll start around 11AM and we usually go until around 6-7PM.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.