Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd June 2012, 01:27 AM   #71
Lo_Tse is offline Lo_Tse  Canada
diyAudio Member

Joe,

I expect that a fee will be charged per rental. I and a group of guys used to rent a school gym one evening a week (every school year) to play basketball. What I can say is that significant portion of the rental fee is for insurance.

Did you find out how much is the rental rate? Did they actually said that no speakers are allowed, even though if we promise to keep it down?

I wonder whether Jaimo dig out any info at his end.

Regards,
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:50 AM   #72
jtktam is offline jtktam  Canada
diyAudio Member

They were pretty specific on the speakers thing.. they were concern when I told them we were a bunch of audio hobbyist

the rate info I have for various sized rooms.. starts from $17 an hour up to $50 an hour and there is a minimum 4 hours rental

-joe
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:57 PM   #73
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtktam View Post
They were pretty specific on the speakers thing.. they were concern when I told them we were a bunch of audio hobbyist

the rate info I have for various sized rooms.. starts from $17 an hour up to $50 an hour and there is a minimum 4 hours rental

-joe
Oh, well . Too bad.

I thought the rate would be around 10-12$ for the small room. Look like the rate has gone up. Even for the small room, 4 hours will cost around 75$. It is kind of expensive unless we can get a large enough group (>10 people).

Regards,
Old 24th June 2012, 12:50 PM   #74
jtktam is offline jtktam  Canada
diyAudio Member

let's say $80

4 ways it's $20
8 ways it's $10

I would be willing to pay up to $20 for a nice 4 hour session to listen to nice amps

-joe
Old 25th June 2012, 12:13 PM   #75
Jaimo is offline Jaimo  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I wonder whether Jaimo dig out any info at his end.
Hello guys, I will visit the library this afternoon and report back...
Old 26th June 2012, 11:44 PM   #76
diyAudio Member

Default Community Room

I managed to reach the person responsible for community room rentals - The room I have in mind is located at the Margaret Dunn Library in Caledon, at the end of the 410. It's about a 45 minute drive from the east side of Toronto and about 30 mins from the west end of Mississauga.

We are allowed to use loudspeakers as long as we keep our listening levels reasonable and don't upset the librarian. The folks there are easy going and the room is even used for dance lessons etc. Acoustics are however not great - think large empty room with glass all round and a vinyl floor covering!

Rental rates are $22-60 per hour plus $3-05 for insurance. This works out to about $132 for five hours (call it $14 per person for 10 people and keep in mind that parking is free!)

The only open Saturday is July 14 and I will need to reserve the room ASAP.

How many folks say Yes?
Old 28th June 2012, 02:15 AM   #77
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimo View Post
I managed to reach the person responsible for community room rentals - The room I have in mind is located at the Margaret Dunn Library in Caledon, at the end of the 410. It's about a 45 minute drive from the east side of Toronto and about 30 mins from the west end of Mississauga.

We are allowed to use loudspeakers as long as we keep our listening levels reasonable and don't upset the librarian. The folks there are easy going and the room is even used for dance lessons etc. Acoustics are however not great - think large empty room with glass all round and a vinyl floor covering!

Rental rates are $22-60 per hour plus $3-05 for insurance. This works out to about $132 for five hours (call it $14 per person for 10 people and keep in mind that parking is free!)

How many folks say Yes?

Darn!! I have to take my daughter to a picnic, which was arranged sometime ago, on that saturday. Looks like I am going to miss this one .

Regards,
Old 29th June 2012, 03:20 AM   #78
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimo View Post

How many folks say Yes?
Looks like there's no interest - I need to get back to the library on Monday with a confirmation - pls let me know if you wish to participate.
Old 6th July 2012, 12:57 PM   #79
diyAudio Member

Guys,

For now, may be we should keep our "usual" Star Buck/Timmy meet up going until the time comes when a more organised appraoch is called for?

Regards,
Old 6th July 2012, 01:01 PM   #80
iko is online now iko  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo_Tse View Post
For now, may be we should keep our "usual" Star Buck/Timmy meet up going until the time comes when a more organised appraoch is called for?
+1

Hide this!Advertise here!