Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

You could always send equipment to people with the most need and likelihood of using it. That would seem to be the most fair

Yes, that certainly sounds fair until you spend 10 seconds thinking about how you'd ever do such a thing sensibly and fairly.

Should the needy beneficiaries write letters arguing for their special neediness and be judged by a panel of decent folks?

B.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It doesn't have to be complicated, and the folks who need instrumentation often don't have the money to spend to buy it. That's why I really dislike your auction idea.

You could break things down first by who's interested for starters, then by who is likely going to actually use the item. This can happen an hour or two into the meeting so there is no rush. Some people might be desperate for a simple meter while others might need a distortion analyser. I have no idea what might show up, but whatever does should go to those who will use it and need it.

-Chris

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Look as far as I know there isn’t a big amount of things here. I have some new surplus filter caps if anyone wants them for free, and someone wanted to bring a few pieces of test equipment, anyone who wants to bring anything to sell, donate, or trade is welcome. I don’t think this raffle territory, but anyone who wants to distrbute what they have that way is free to run whatever they want.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
No defective tube amps please , the last one was spectacular

Attachments

• 0DD7787E-4999-4012-9126-AA9E898D6046.jpeg
    0DD7787E-4999-4012-9126-AA9E898D6046.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 155
Hello folks,

I have a set of Eminent Technology flat panel drivers - 2 HF and 4 LF panels. If anyone is interested in a swop, I can bring these along to the diy meet. PM me if you are interested.

What are you folks planning to bring along?

Any tolerance for a Tuna shootout? I can bring my Sony and Kenwood babies in. We could improv an antenna

Cheers
Jaimo

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Sunday June 10th Start 9:30 am

We are in a valley so FM reception isn’t great.
Theres an amplified FM antenna on site, but not sure if there is enough length on the RG 59 to reach the demonstration table area.
I have a Magnum Dynalab FM Sleuth in it’s shipping tube, but again I suspect we need a length of RG 59 to hook it up.