Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup - Page 34 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th April 2013, 12:42 PM   #331
Lo_Tse is offline Lo_Tse  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko View Post
Does it mean I shouldn't bring my 26 preamp? Or I can put it in the car and we play it by ear when we're there...
Iko,

Bring it if it is not too heavy or bulky. I think we have time to check it out (last meet we have only 3 hours, this time we have 5).

Regards,
Old 20th April 2013, 04:35 PM   #332
AmCan is offline AmCan  Canada
diyAudio Member

Yes bring your gear. If we can swing the shoot out will do it if everyone's comfortable if not will just mix and match pieces in separate rooms. If you want to come and haven't received my address then PM me of Lo_Tse.
Old 20th April 2013, 08:06 PM   #333
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wboehlen View Post
Hello Lo_TSE:

Would love to attend your next audio meeting. Have just built a couple of 6V6 p-p tube amp projects. Very happy with results of most recent build (Actually Poindexter's "musical machine") and would be keen to meet fellow DIY audio enthusiasts in the GTA area. ( I am in niagara. )

Have been working as a college professor in TV production for the past 22 years, but started in electronics and it's been a pleasure to get back into actually building things...

Do please let me know if it might be possible to find out about your next meet. This weekend looks too tight based on the posts I'm reading here. (I'm also in heavy exam marking mode... )

No problem if this is not possible, but great if it is.

Take care,

Bill Boehlen.
Welland, ON.
Hi, Bill

Welcome to the forum. Please watch this thread from time to time. Any notice on future meetings will be posted in advance here. This event is not a regular thing, yet. The last one was back in April (wlowes hosted it) and the one before the last was more than 2 years ago!! However, juding from the current responses, I think we have more than enough interest from DIYers in the area. Hopefully we shall have enough support to make it a "regular" event.

Regards,
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:17 AM   #334
diyAudio Member

Just want to thank AmCan for hosting the meet up. It was a very enjoyable afternoon. Glad to meet the group and listen to music. Hope to meet everyone sometime soon.

Regards,

Lo_Tse
Old 22nd April 2013, 01:18 AM   #335
iko is offline iko  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Yes, thanks to the host and all of you who brought your gear. It was a great meet!

Oh yeah, and my 26 preamp worked perfectly when I got home and plugged it in! I'm totally puzzled why one channel didn't work there. :/
Old 22nd April 2013, 01:34 AM   #336
wlowes is offline wlowes  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko View Post
Yes, thanks to the host and all of you who brought your gear. It was a great meet!

Oh yeah, and my 26 preamp worked perfectly when I got home and plugged it in! I'm totally puzzled why one channel didn't work there. :/
Echo a warm thanks to AmCan. A gracious host and super meet. We have so many talented DIYer's here in Toronto. F5, HarmonKarden, KT88 SE, and 300B side by side. What a great lineup!

Great to see & hear Audio Sensibility gear. A real work of art. Thanks again for all who shared their creations.

Look forward to sampling the 26 at a future event. Must have been an interconnect.
Thanks AmCan!
Old 22nd April 2013, 01:36 AM   #337
zany is offline zany  Australia
diyAudio Member

did the preamp shootout take place?
Old 22nd April 2013, 01:39 AM   #338
diyAudio Member

AmCan,
Thank you for providing your house as a venue for us to show all our interesting and your DIY accomplishments. It was a very pleasant and hopefully an educational experience for all of us. Hopefully we will have more of these meets in the future.
Dieter
Old 22nd April 2013, 01:51 AM   #339
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to merlin2069er
Yeah, great event. No the pre-amp shootout didn't happen.

My lightspeed started to smoke. I checked the adapter when I got home, and it seemed fine. I'll replace the 5v reg, I've smoked one before.
Old 22nd April 2013, 02:12 AM   #340
diyAudio Member

Hi all,
Thanks AmCan for hosting this meeting. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and learning more about audio. Best wishes.
Nelson

Hide this!Advertise here!