Are There Any Central Arkansas DIY Audio/Electronics Enthusiast Groups? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th August 2011, 01:49 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Are There Any Central Arkansas DIY Audio/Electronics Enthusiast Groups?

I'm one year into a hobby of music synthesizers, audio and amps DIY. Just getting going with several small projects behind me and piles of curiosity ahead. Are there any enthusiast groups in this area? If not, please contact me if you'd like to start one.

Thanks!

Walt
Old 21st November 2012, 05:01 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Audio group in central AR...

Hi Walt, I just saw your post and wanted to let you know I have been wanting to get involved with a group here in central AR as well. Let me know if your still interested in starting a group or if you found one.

Take care,

Thom
Old 8th May 2013, 06:50 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hello Thom and Walt,

I'm in central Arkansas and have been searching for an audio enthusiasts/ speaker-builders group, but to no avail. I've searched high and low (pun intended). I was in ProAudio system design, sales, and service for many years, and in all that time I met fellow enthusiasts but never a trace of an enthusiast group.

If you guys would like to like to contact me to discuss starting and advertising a new group in the Little Rock area I would be happy to participate.

My primary interests are ProAudio, home music systems, and home theater. I would be most interested in DIY projects and restoring/modifying "classic" speaker systems of all types. Maybe even learning to build tube-type amps and preamps.

GeeDeeEmm
Old 21st April 2014, 09:18 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hello guys,

Yes we do have a group that has started meeting in Hot Springs. If you see this PM me and I will get your contact info. We meet in June-July when school is out.

Steve
Old 22nd April 2014, 03:47 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi Steve -- I atttended the Hot Springs event last year and really enjoyed myself - and learned a lot. Once you contact me, I will provide you my personal information. I would still be interested in helping to establish a casual group of speaker building enthusiasts in the Little Rock area. I'd love to establish a group that can meet in somebody's shop to blow the breeze and BUILD .
GeeDeeEmm
Old 22nd April 2014, 06:37 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hi gd,

I don't know why I never saw your earlier post, but I would really be interested in getting together sometime. I live in (north) central AR and am very interested in DIY speaker projects. I am also into classic speaker systems and own an original unmolested pair of Altec Lansing VOTT's and have a great interest in classic Klipsch. I am also considering building a new pair of floorstanders in the near future and could use all the advise and help I could get.

I would be interested in attending the meetings in hot springs as well.

Take care,

Thom
Old 6th May 2014, 03:13 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Acoustic Development Quatro in Hot Springs, AR July 11, 12, 13

Looks like we will be a go for this year! So come on down guys and bring some projects with you!!!!

Steve
Old 10th May 2014, 03:33 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

You guys still here?
Old 12th May 2014, 07:18 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

I'm in and looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some advice on speaker design/ building and just any audio info!
Old 17th May 2014, 04:15 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Bill is a great guy and the event is pretty fun. Did you contact Bill over on Techtalk? Looking forward to seeing you there !

Hide this!Advertise here!