Are There Any Central Arkansas DIY Audio/Electronics Enthusiast Groups?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Thom and Walt,

I'm in central Arkansas and have been searching for an audio enthusiasts/ speaker-builders group, but to no avail. I've searched high and low (pun intended). I was in ProAudio system design, sales, and service for many years, and in all that time I met fellow enthusiasts but never a trace of an enthusiast group.

If you guys would like to like to contact me to discuss starting and advertising a new group in the Little Rock area I would be happy to participate.

My primary interests are ProAudio, home music systems, and home theater. I would be most interested in DIY projects and restoring/modifying "classic" speaker systems of all types. Maybe even learning to build tube-type amps and preamps.

GeeDeeEmm

Hi Steve -- I atttended the Hot Springs event last year and really enjoyed myself - and learned a lot. Once you contact me, I will provide you my personal information. I would still be interested in helping to establish a casual group of speaker building enthusiasts in the Little Rock area. I'd love to establish a group that can meet in somebody's shop to blow the breeze and BUILD ;).
GeeDeeEmm

Hi gd,

I don't know why I never saw your earlier post, but I would really be interested in getting together sometime. I live in (north) central AR and am very interested in DIY speaker projects. I am also into classic speaker systems and own an original unmolested pair of Altec Lansing VOTT's and have a great interest in classic Klipsch. I am also considering building a new pair of floorstanders in the near future and could use all the advise and help I could get.

I would be interested in attending the meetings in hot springs as well.

Take care,

Thom

Hi HIPCHECK,

I didn't contact Bill directly just on the thread...should I? Another question, does anyone else usually bring a girlfriend, spouse etc? My girlfriend was thinking about coming and just hanging out in the city while I'm with you guys. Just curious. I'm really looking forward to coming.

I have an idea for the meeting btw. I was wondering if anyone might be interested in bringing a favorite hand tool(s) they couldn't live without for electrical or speaker building etc. I know I am always looking for something that might work better than what I have. I am in the market for a good pair of wire crimpers right now if anyone has a suggestion.

Take care

Thom

I don't know about the wife/girlfriend thing. I can not remember anything but the guys to be honest, however, there is many things to do for the women ( SPA DAY). Most people are local or a few hours away and come down on Saturday. If you are going to use his boarding option he will need some prior notice but if you are just coming down to visit and leave then no need to contact him.

As for wire strippers I have plenty of these I could share:

KLEIN TOOLS All-Purpose Electricians Tool - Wire Strippers and Cable Slitters - 2DGG9|1001 - Grainger Industrial Supply

Steve

I just heard that the Hot Springs event is scheduled for Saturday, July 12. I've forgotten which building is being used, or the address. I know it was a tech school? Thom, if you are there contact me and we'll discuss getting together. We have a fellow in Little Rock interested in doing the same.
GeeDeeEmm

I hate to inform you guys but I'm not going to be able to attend the Hot Springs event tomorrow. I am seriously bummed about this as I have been really looking forward to meeting some like minded DIY audio enthusiast like myself here in AR.

The left rear axle is going out on my car. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Unfortunately, I will have to wait while it is replaced.

Maybe we can have another more informal meetup later this year or if anyone else wants to get together around central Arkansas sometime just let me know.

Take care and hope you all have a great time and hope to see you next year at least.

Thom Ross

So...How was the meetup??

I am still pretty pissed that I had to miss this. Lol..yes I will get over it. Anyways, I hope someone does a nice write up or if someone has a video they can post, that would be great.

I hope you had a great turnout and still are having a good time. And in the immortal words of AC/DC...have a drink on me!
cheers.gif

Take care.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.