JanFest 2011- Party at SY's!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Second Annual JanFest, celebrating the yearly visit from Jan Didden, distinguished author and now publisher of Linear Audio (Jan Didden audio diy and other human frailties place) bookzine, will be happening on October 17th at my palatial Austin estate (read: dumpy little house in the shadow of Dell). Like last year, food, wine, beer, music, mocking of the quality of my stereo, and a chance to plug a few things in and out of it.

For the live music portion, the performer this year will be the great Southpaw Jones (www.southpawjones,com), one of my very favorite songwriter/musicians/raconteurs. Paw writes and plays profound and witty ditties on his guitar, harmonica, and (on occasion) Keytar. I'm really excited to have him come play. And like last year, having live music from a talented performer puts this whole stereo thing in perspective.

‪Southpaw Jones - Left vs Right‬‏ - YouTube
‪Southpaw Jones - Sometimes I forget‬‏ - YouTube

And a clip of the last song from JanFest 2010 so you can see why it would be best to take the next day off work.
‪Robert Ellis - Austin House Concert 8‬‏ - YouTube

Times are loose- the earlier you get there, the more you have to help with setup.:D

Perfect hangover food. Seriously. That explains its popularity here.

There's 10,000 food trucks in Austin, and thus at least 10,000 variations. Our house variant uses roasted Hatch chiles instead of salsa. I'm not sure if delicate Dutch palates can deal with this, but that what Jan (and Anna, if she's coming) is getting anyway.

The Axis of Evil (me, Jan Didden, Scott Wurcer). Reasonably decent semblance of live sound that night.:D

Attachments

• axis of evil.jpg
    axis of evil.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 124
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.