Adelaide DIY hi-fi meetings - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th May 2013, 02:50 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Thanks for your presence at the LX521 demonstration. The speakers were commented on favourably by some people who know their stuff, one being Jack Davis a one time speaker designer at Duntec.

What was a little unfortunate was that the large venue revealed some non linearity at higher volumes. This was almost certainly due to a failing electro cap in the negative supply for the mid power amps, now fixed.

We tried to tame a strong reflection from the wall behind the speakers with screens but it was only partially successful.

Just a couple of days before the meeting a guy came over from Melbourne especially to hear the speakers; so they are creating quite a bit of interest.

Keith
Old 14th June 2013, 03:30 PM   #42
diyAudio Member

Hi All

Not certain if the next AES meeting holds much interest, but here are the details.

Subject, AV Technical Tour - Burnside Uniting Church.
7.30pm, Tues 18th June 2013
384 Portrush Road (cnr Fisher St) Tusmore.

Products mentioned include Roland digital mixers, multicore systems and vision mixer. ElectroVoice speaker systems.

The committee will be having a counter tea at the Robin Hood Hotel 315 Portrush Rd, Norwood from 6PM. Others may care to join us.

Keith
Old 10th July 2013, 12:34 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

Hi All
The next AES meeting is to be presented by Graham Dicker, a one time recording person at the ABC. He is going to play some of his collection of analog master tapes on some vintage equipment.

Tuesday 16th July 7.30pm.
Upstairs room Directors Hotel
247 Gouger St Adelaide

The c'tee will be having a counter tea downstairs from 6pm. Visitors are welcome to join us.

Keith
Old 12th August 2013, 01:01 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

Default Next AES meeting, Adelaide

Hi all
Studio loudspeakers & high quality amplifiers
Frank Hinton, Grover Notting Loudspeakers
Hugh Dean, Aspen Amplifiers

Hosted by NovaTech Creative Event Technology
153 Holbrooks Road, Underdale, SA
7.30pm, Tues 20th August 2013.

This will be a demonstration of two way monitor speakers called code 4. Frank and Hugh will be talking about the speakers and amplifiers respectively.

Bring your names and email addresses on a piece of paper so we can give them to the secretary and get you on the email list for meeting notices. Alternatively I could give you his email address.

See you there?

Keith
Old 9th September 2013, 02:46 PM   #45
diyAudio Member

Default Next AES Meeting, Adelaide

Hi All

The topic of next meeting is "How to equalise sound systems (or not)"
The presenters are Peter Morris, Adelaide Sound Hire, and our Chairman, David Murphy who works at Krix Loudspeakers; part time, these days.

Upstairs Room, Directors Hotel
247 Gouger Street, Adelaide

7,30pm, Tues 17th September 2013

As per usual the Committee will be meeting/eating downstairs from 6pm. Others may care to join us.

Keith
Old 18th September 2013, 03:16 AM   #46
hughs is offline hughs  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Welcome Guest at AES Meeting

Last night I attended the regular AES Meeting here in Adelaide.

I was pleased to be invited as a guest and found the AES members to be a friendly bunch. Many thanks for your hospitality.

My particular interest of course is DIY Audio in a domestic hi fi application. AES members are concerned with audio in a public entertainment/studio/commercial environment and it was fascinating to learn about the different issues that apply in this situation and about the different approaches used to solve some of these issues.

I was able to meet some of the local Adelaide DIY Audio enthusiasts who were also in attendance. I hope to keep in touch with you all and look forward to many more discussions on the subject we all share so passionately.

Once again - thankyou all for your warm welcome. Thanks also to guest speakers Peter and David who helped make the evening such a fascinating experience.

Hugh Sparrow

Last edited by hughs; 18th September 2013 at 03:23 AM. Reason: typo
Old 7th November 2013, 11:38 PM   #47
3GGG is offline 3GGG  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Adelaide Diyers

Any future GTG's planned for December /January?
Old 7th November 2013, 11:45 PM   #48
lowpoke is offline lowpoke  Australia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to lowpoke
We're waiting for you to finish those horns!
Old 8th November 2013, 12:10 AM   #49
3GGG is offline 3GGG  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpoke View Post
We're waiting for you to finish those horns!
Currently doing final Uni assignment for the year. I have a few days work to do ( mainly pouring concrete for the bass horn ) but as soon as they are finished i would love some help in setting up, measuring and tuning the system.
Old 8th November 2013, 12:17 AM   #50
lowpoke is offline lowpoke  Australia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to lowpoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GGG View Post
Currently doing final Uni assignment for the year. I have a few days work to do ( mainly pouring concrete for the bass horn ) but as soon as they are finished i would love some help in setting up, measuring and tuning the system.
Cool, the bass horns have progressed! I'm happy to help out, just let me know when you need it and I'll try and be available.

Hide this!Advertise here!