Adelaide DIY hi-fi meetings - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2012, 02:03 PM   #31
ryzaa is online now ryzaa  Australia
diyAudio Member

After business hours works for me, as I generally work most weekends and am often unable to attend such GTG's.
I would also be keen to hear your horns, I am going to a CNC cutter to talk about getting some molds for some made up before attending the AES meet on Tuesday.
Old 15th November 2012, 01:30 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Default Next AES meeting in Adelaide

Hi Guys, the subject of the next meeting is "A Review of Room Equalisation for Playback" and the presenter is Grant Sellek. Don't know a lot about him except that he is an Engineer and an audio enthusiast who prefers objective rather than subjective evaluation of audio hardware.

Venue Upstairs room, Directors Hotel, 247 Gouger St

Meeting starts at 7.30pm. Tuesday 27th November

On this occasion we will be having our AGM from 7.00pm, but other details remain as in previous posts.

Something that I did not realise untill recently is that there are Adelaide members of a forum called stereonet that have periodic audio get togethers. Try Googling them.

Keith
Old 12th January 2013, 02:26 AM   #33
3GGG is offline 3GGG  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi guys
Funny you should mention that Keith, I have a few stereo.net members coming over this Monday from 630pm for a GTG. Would be good to have some fellow DIY audio guys. Pm me for address. I am in the hills but only 20 minutes from the CBD.
Gregg
Old 13th January 2013, 04:41 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

Hi Gregg, I tried to send you a PM, but my computer is doing a lot of freezing on this site of late. I didn't realise the GTG was at your place untill I read your post above. If you could PM / email me your address I will try and come along. I have some recent audio acquisitions I could talk about.

Bye
Keith
Old 15th January 2013, 03:33 AM   #35
3GGG is offline 3GGG  Australia
diyAudio Member

Thank you all for making an effort at short notice to come over and same some DIY goodness.
Old 15th January 2013, 03:44 AM   #36
lowpoke is offline lowpoke  Australia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to lowpoke
Gregg, we should thank YOU for being so hospitable and supplying plenty of food & drink, not to mention a very nice sounding system!!! Had a great time!
Old 15th January 2013, 04:36 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Sorry to have missed the meet. Maybe we might consider putting together a mailing list for these sorts of events
Old 15th January 2013, 07:55 AM   #38
WayneK is offline WayneK  Australia
diyAudio Member

Thanks Gregg, it is good to see what others are doing and have achieved in the way of DIY. Can't wait to hear those horns when they are finished
Old 10th April 2013, 02:06 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Hi all, The next AES meeting may hold some interest. It is called "How a local boy improved on the best"

The presenter, Peter Morris, has been working on the crossover and other filters in a high end concert touring speaker system for some time. The US manufacturer has now adopted his improvements and users have given them the thumbs up.

He will discuss

Practical application of FIR crossover filters
Controlling speaker resonances with DSP
Controlling directivity with DSP
Impulse response and ETC curves
Producing square waves in multi-way systems with high order crossovers.

7.30 PM Tuesday 16th April, Upstairs room, Directors Hotel, 247 Gouger Street.

At the following meeting on May 21 I will be discussing and demonstrating Mr Linkwitz's latest dipole speaker design called the LX521. These have been working since mid January and are the only ones in Australia. There are only a few pairs world wide. Linkwitz describes them as his final and best speaker design.Linkwitz Lab - Loudspeaker Design
There is a guy coming over from Melbourne especially to hear them, so they have created quite a bit of interest. The venue will be a nearby Uniting Church (Westbourne Park)

Keith
Old 14th May 2013, 07:23 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

Default AES meeting 21st May

Hi all, as mentioned previously the next AES meeting will be a demonstration of Siegfried Linkwitz's latest dipole loudspeaker design called the LX521.

Westbourne Park Uniting Church
27 Sussex Tce (cnr Monmouth road)
Hawthorn
7.30 PM

The venue is the church itself as the hall is booked by another group. Parking may be available in a car park off Monmouth Road or on Monmouth Road.

The committee will be having a counter tea at the Torrens Arms Hotel, 93-95 Belair Road, Kingswood from 6PM. Visitors are welcome to join us. Bring along some music, and if it departs from Red Book CD standards you will need to bring the means to play it! They are my speakers and I will be the presenter.

Keith

Hide this!Advertise here!