The Burning Amp 2011-Schedules & Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning on attending. I will bring some of the same gear as AMB (our joint design project, the LCDuino series, will be there in some form or another).

I'll bring some remote controlled (lcd+ir+web) things: another copy of the A10 preamp (latching r/2r relay based) and a PGA 3-engine preamp/input selector system running the Volu-Master arduino open source code-base. it has some new features this year and was meant to help out with digital crossovers such as the behringer dcx-2496. there's a remote controlled spdif switch 'pod' front-end that is also part of the LCDuino system and I'll have that with me, too.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I saw the Auraliti last year but would much prefer hearing it this year! Sure bring a couple, but in a form that they can be plugged into a preamp or power amp. Not sure if they include a DAC or not. I should know that! :(

The PK100 has an internal DAC and an SPDIF output. the PK90 USB is targeted at USB dacs. I have several I'll bring for options. Some have level control (Like the Wavelength Proton) and can go straight to an amp.

I am planning to attend with one guest. I will bring a pair of Re-furbed Luxman M-02 amps (brdged to mono) with a pre and source. Possibly also a new Luxman SQ-N100, a very nice little EL-84 based integrated tube amp with a pretty decent headphone stage. I would like to be in the Volta Room since I have built a full array of AMB projects and might tag along those as well.
rjkdivin

Plutos / Thors / MiniDSP ?

Some friends and I put together an active three-way omni:

* Linkwitz Pluto omnis (without electronics)
* Linkwitz Thor subs
* MiniDSP 2x6 crossover (both digital and analog inputs)

We're running cheap solid-state amps (Hafler, Behringer), but we're open to alternatives.

Any interest? Any room?

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Gotcha in the Volta Room, we can swap back and forth between the ends.

I am planning to attend with one guest. I will bring a pair of Re-furbed Luxman M-02 amps (brdged to mono) with a pre and source. Possibly also a new Luxman SQ-N100, a very nice little EL-84 based integrated tube amp with a pretty decent headphone stage. I would like to be in the Volta Room since I have built a full array of AMB projects and might tag along those as well.
rjkdivin

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
One clever thing I did was name the rooms, not use their room numbers! That way I can change my mind! Tables are provided.

The Tesla room is now where Nelson Pass was last year ... Nice! The Pass Pub is in what was the room where when had manufacturers, food, and raffles last year

The huge room where the presentations were last year will again be presentations, but when there aren't presentations, there will be exhibits,
food, drink, conversation. We have it all day this time. Just the rooms rental is about $2300. :scared:

Will there be tables in the Tesla room to set up equipment on, or do we need to bring some kind of table for that purpose?

Was this room the large lecture hall at last year's show?

-Charlie

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Absolutely! and the tables and moving blankets are linked. At the barbeque I outlined the plan, so 5 of us know what to do, and will be able to quickly explain it. Volunteers please show up at 8:30 at Building C at Ft Mason. We have about 12 red "Staff" shirts available on a first come basis. BUT the Redshirts would also have to commit to spending most of their time supervising the rooms. The rooms will be shut down for the presentations/ raffle so you won't miss them, and we can rotate people between rooms

Basically the rooms are lined with as many tables as we can fit in, around the perimeter. Each table will have a moving blanket on it, extending down the front and down the back The tables should be about 2 inches from the wall. Equipment will look quite nice displayed on the blankets, which will form bass traps of a sort and absorb some high frequencies.

At the "First Bounce" point where sound will first bounce off the side walls and at other points, we'll set a second table on top of the first blanketed table and put a blanket on it too. Maybe put some chairs on top of the second table to diffuse sound. About 7' tall in total. Lots of chairs on the floor to diffuse the sound.

Mark: Do you have a plan/method for hanging the moving blankets? Seems like this will be one of the first tasks, right in there with setting up the tables.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.