The Burning Amp 2011-Schedules & Info - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th August 2011, 12:40 PM   #21
udailey is offline udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

Really sounds fantastic. Hope you all have a great time.
Old 29th August 2011, 02:45 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davygrvy View Post
Hey dude, careful of my spelling
whoooopS!
Old 29th August 2011, 02:47 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Is anyone heading towards the San Fran airport after the meet is over? I could use a ride.
I plan to find a hotel near the airport for sat night. if anyone knows of something decent in the area. There is a Ramada near there that has a free airport shuttle. I am thinking that may be my best option.
Old 30th August 2011, 06:34 AM   #24
slomatt is offline slomatt  United States
diyAudio Member

If there is room (and interest) I'd be happy to bring a few things to represent the "bang for the buck" end of the spectrum.

Foreplay Preamp
Blank Photos :: Bottlehead Foreplay Preamp

LM3886 Chipamp
Blank Photos :: LM3886 Chipamp

GrandPops!
Blank Photos :: Grand Pops

- Matt
Old 30th August 2011, 06:44 AM   #25
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Hey Guys, We need more high-end sources. Don't have to be DIY, but we need disk players, turntables, really good PC sources.. etc. Please speakup.. we can't listen without sources..
Old 30th August 2011, 08:57 AM   #26
diyAudio Editor

Anyone who wants to volunteer please consider coming to our orientation barbeque Saturday, Sept. 10 at 12:00 noon. It will be at Bill Berndts house in South San Francisco. It isn't required that you attend to be a volunteer, but it would help, and be fun too!

He'll post soon with directions.
Old 30th August 2011, 05:38 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
Hey Guys, We need more high-end sources. Don't have to be DIY, but we need disk players, turntables, really good PC sources.. etc. Please speakup.. we can't listen without sources..
Sure, I can bring a CD source, a Sony CDP-XA20ES. It has variable outputs, which are hopefully blameless enough.

I know that there will be a couple of people with a DIY DAC in the Tesla room, e.g. Davygrvy, so this might be a good match for that. It only has Toslink (optical) output however.

-Charlie
Old 30th August 2011, 09:53 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

I will have to see if i can rig up a Toslink input for my DAC. It currently has 3x SPDIF, 1 AES/EBU input and USB to play high rez files off a laptop i will bring. But YES a CD player to be used as a transport would be great.
Old 31st August 2011, 07:01 AM   #29
diyAudio Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
I will have to see if i can rig up a Toslink input for my DAC. It currently has 3x SPDIF, 1 AES/EBU input and USB to play high rez files off a laptop i will bring. But YES a CD player to be used as a transport would be great.
I'm very interested in hearing USB off the computer. It that works well enough, I'm getting in line for one of those DACs. If we are tight on sources we might not be able to have the CD player/ USB together all the time. But essential to compare the two approaches one way or another..
Old 31st August 2011, 07:12 AM   #30
slomatt is offline slomatt  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
I'll bring a Marantz DR 6000 CD player along with my other equipment. It's a decent transport and has optical and coaxial digital outputs so it should be compatible with a range of DACs.

- Matt

Hide this!Advertise here!