The Burning Amp 2011-Schedules & Info - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th September 2011, 12:00 AM   #101
diyAudio Member

Default Digital Plutos and Thors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
Tesla Room!! Interest!
Okay, we'll bring 'em. I see you already put us down, thanks !
Old 26th September 2011, 01:32 AM   #102
GaryB is offline GaryB  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Gary the proper Signup thread is here...

The Burning Amp 2011-Schedules & Info

Lets take it over there. But I've added your stuff. Including the Threshhold line stage? I'd like to see it! Well, and hear it..
OK - I'm still in. Looks like I'm bringing the following stuff for the Volta room:
1) Thorens turntable
2) ONO clone phono stage
3) Threshold fet 10e line stage
4) Altec 755c speakers

I think that's enough stuff - so I'll skip the the 2A3 SE amps, although the 755Cs do sound good with them.

---Gary
Old 26th September 2011, 03:59 AM   #103
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Looks like we're now a bit light on Loudspeakers and phono preamps.
Yeah loudspeakers are heavy, but we need 'em!
I can bring two sets of 2-way speakers. First is the wave guide Scan-Speaks that have been demo'ed at previous Burning Amps. Show here on the corners of the table:

Click the image to open in full size.

The second speaker pair uses a Seas DXT and Zaph 14W mid-woofer. These have less BSC and sound best near a wall.

Click the image to open in full size.

I haven't worked on them in a long-time; good news is they have several years of break-in . I can present them, or they can be used demo'ing other people's electronic components.

Last edited by Variac; 26th September 2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 26th September 2011, 04:44 AM   #104
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

Variac:
How are you managing power? Plug strips etc? Do we need to bring extension cords etc?
Old 26th September 2011, 07:06 AM   #105
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchtester View Post
I can bring two sets of 2-way speakers. First is the wave guide Scan-Speaks that have been demo'ed at previous Burning Amps.
The second speaker pair uses a Seas DXT and Zaph 14W mid-woofer. These have less BSC and sound best near a wall.
I can present them, or they can be used demo'ing other people's electronic components.
This is great!!! I LOVED those waveguide Scan-speaks! Later I started to wonder if they really sounded as good as they seemed, because I didn't listen to them for very long. The fire in the barbeque went out and I had to run down and fan it back to life. Now I'll have a chance to really listen to them- barring another BBQ crisis..

And the second set..... well based your other speakers, I 'm certainly interested in hearing them..

I'll assign them rooms because at Ft. Mason we have enough rooms to hear components throughout the day so we aren't presenting the components in the big room like we did at the yacht club in year's past.

Last edited by Variac; 26th September 2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 26th September 2011, 07:11 AM   #106
diyAudio Editor

Hey Everyone, we (I) can now relax a bit. We clearly have enough equipment to get every room going, AND some extra stuff to swap in and out.
Whoops- Forgot to list KoHo's Hedlund Field Coil Horns! Those will be worth hearing (and seeing!) They're assigned to the Hertz room.

Of course we assume even more stuff will arrive on the show day and we can probably fit it in. If your component isn't very functional, then we can always just display it on a table. And if you have an extra non-DIY source or cables bring them and leave them in your car trunk, so in case we're short , we'll have backup.

Cables: Remember to bring whatever cable is UPSTREAM of your component. So Speaker cables for speakers, interconnects for amps & preamps.
Put a BIG tag on them with your name and phone number!!! If you prefer we can keep your interconnect attached to your component.

Also consult the room assignments- I change them around as new stuff is offered.

Last edited by Variac; 26th September 2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 26th September 2011, 07:57 AM   #107
Vix is online now Vix  Yugoslavia
diyAudio Member

Hi!

I know that's been mentioned before, but I would really appreciate if someone can take care of video recording of the whole, or most of the event. In this way, even if are on the other side of the planet, would feel much closer to the BAF

p.s. Even live webcam comes to mind, but that may be too much...
Old 26th September 2011, 11:40 AM   #108
diyAudio Member

Default More Gear

I would like to bring a Cavalli EHHA hybrid headphone amp along with an AH! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CD player as source. Hope there is room.

Looking forward to this weekend.

Jeff

Last edited by Countzero; 26th September 2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:02 PM   #109
diyAudio Editor

We'll put you in the Big Room, There are other headphones there. Bring the 'phones too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countzero View Post
I would like to bring a Cavalli EHHA hybrid headphone amp along with an AH! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CD player as source. Hope there is room.

Looking forward to this weekend.

Jeff
Old 26th September 2011, 01:19 PM   #110
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countzero View Post
Njoe Tjoeb
The correct pronunciation requires somewhat of a down-under accent : Herman van den Dungen, founder of PrimaLuna, discussing this year’s Consumer Electronics Show and the impact of a younger crowd on today’s hi-fi market. | PrimaLuna's Blog

Hide this!Advertise here!