diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Clubs & Events (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-events/)
-   -   Seattle DIY Meet (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-events/189805-seattle-diy-meet.html)

TerryO 28th May 2011 01:14 AM

Seattle DIY Meet

I'd like to announce that the Pacific Northwest Audio Society will be holding it's semi-annual DIY meet on Saturday, August 27th at the Church on Mercer Island.

I'll be adding additional details as I get the information, but if you have a special audio project that you're working on, this may be an incentive to get it done in time to display it at the meet.

Best Regards,
TerryO

planet10 28th May 2011 01:41 AM

For anyone traveling from outside of Cascadia, you could get a two-fer, with the 8th annual VI diyFEST the weekend before (no coincidence, Terry & i always plan these so they don't crash into each other)

dave

TerryO 28th May 2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet10 (Post 2586284)
For anyone traveling from outside of Cascadia, you could get a two-fer, with the 8th annual VI diyFEST the weekend before (no coincidence, Terry & i always plan these so they don't crash into each other)

dave

I should mention that while Dave is an extremely nice, considerate and thoughtful individual, I'm not motivated by those same feelings.

The truth is that "I" want to be able to attend both events.
:D

Best Regards,
Terry "Mr. Meany" Olson

ra7 28th May 2011 02:08 AM

I have a bi-amped OB that I'd like to bring. Will there be amps, sources to complement the speakers?

planet10 28th May 2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerryO (Post 2586287)
The truth is that "I" want to be able to attend both events.
:D

Me too, but there is a beef with Homeland Security that makes it hard.

dave

TerryO 28th May 2011 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet10 (Post 2586332)

dave

Dave,

They only turned you away because you mentioned that Kevin Haskins and I were friends of yours!

OTOH, Chrisb has never admitted to anyone that he knows us and he hasn't had a bit of trouble.

Best Regards,
Terry

doorman 28th May 2011 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet10 (Post 2586332)

dave

Yes, protecting the public from a notorious speaker designer!!?:D
best, don

TerryO 28th May 2011 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ra7 (Post 2586307)
I have a bi-amped OB that I'd like to bring. Will there be amps, sources to complement the speakers?

That has yet to be arranged, but I will certainly try to have something on hand to allow people to demonstrate their gear. It wouldn't be much fun to just look at this stuff, would it?

I would recommend that if you have some gear that seems to work especially well together, that you may want to bring it, just in case. However, I'll try to keep everyone informed, as I know that those who have to travel long distances over mountain passes, fording rivers and fighting off wild animals on their trek to Fort Seattle would like to travel light.

Hope to see you there!

Best Regards,
TerryO

Cal Weldon 28th May 2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doorman (Post 2586350)
Yes, protecting the public from a notorious speaker designer!

Yes he has drivers of mass destruction.

Not to mention Chris who has it in for chicken coops.

Cal Weldon 28th May 2011 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerryO (Post 2586353)
wild animals

You called?