Seattle : Is Digital ready for prime time? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th March 2011, 07:26 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
sprinter,

In our area there is the Pacific Northwest Audio Society which meets once a month on Mercer Island. We have members that own several of the finest systems in the world...they're even listed on the Athens (Greece) Audio website. At the other end of the spectrum are several, like myself, that diy gear or modify existing gear.

The Club sponsors the bi-annual diy speaker contest ("The Puget Sound! Diy Speaker Contest"), which alternates with this coming Summer's DIY Meet in August.

FWIW: We try very hard not to humiliate those that have 10,000 times as much money tied up in their systems. You see, we like to be thought of as regular guys, not the Audio Aristocrats that we actually are.
If your interested, the next meeting will be held on Feb. 10th @ 7:30 pm. I believe that the address is given above.

Best Regards,
Terry
Thanks Terry. I looked up the website. I shouldn't have sounded so snobbish I guess. Actually, I could get quite comfortable in one of those high-end listening rooms! Really, I love clubs that bring together a wide variety of people with a common interest. And I'll try not to be too hard on the ones you referred to above when I bring in the $250 SET and the OB speakers I will have just built with cannibalized parts. I think that they are particularly sensitive when you use the words "blows yours away" for some reason...
Old 8th March 2011, 12:44 AM   #12
TerryO is offline TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
Thanks Terry. I looked up the website. I shouldn't have sounded so snobbish I guess. Actually, I could get quite comfortable in one of those high-end listening rooms! Really, I love clubs that bring together a wide variety of people with a common interest. And I'll try not to be too hard on the ones you referred to above when I bring in the $250 SET and the OB speakers I will have just built with cannibalized parts. I think that they are particularly sensitive when you use the words "blows yours away" for some reason...
Actually, we insist on following the "Campfire Rule" laid down by Hunters and Fishermen: "All tall tales and outrageous lies will be accepted, without reservations of any kind, as the Gospel Truth by those listening."

Besides, the owners of those systems are actually very nice people. I've never yet judged people by what they have, only by what they are.
(I also expect reciprocity, or there will be hell to pay!)

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited by TerryO; 8th March 2011 at 12:56 AM.
Old 8th March 2011, 01:01 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO
I've never yet judged people by what they have, only by what they are.
(I also expect reciprocity, or there will be hell to pay!)
So noted!
Old 9th March 2011, 03:05 PM   #14
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Yes Terry. Would be interested in learning more about the digital test. Please post more details when you can. Wish I could have been there, but it's hard to be everywhere.
Old 12th March 2011, 04:21 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pano View Post
Yes Terry. Would be interested in learning more about the digital test. Please post more details when you can. Wish I could have been there, but it's hard to be everywhere.
Yes it is, especially when you chose to be "there" instead of here!

Mike, I'll try to post more or a link anyway in the next couple of days...

Evil Annie, my ever lovin' wife, desires that I spend my time "non-productively" on the drywall/painting project, instead of helping humanity on the internet. The withdrawl symtoms have shattered my life.

Best Regards,
Terry
Old 12th March 2011, 04:38 AM   #16
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Oh dear. I went thru the drywall and painting phase a few months ago. Not fun. But at least most of it was for the listening room!
Old 12th March 2011, 05:02 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pano View Post
Oh dear. I went thru the drywall and painting phase a few months ago. Not fun. But at least most of it was for the listening room!
I saw the pictures, it sure looks pretty nice. Great acoustic treatment as well.
Take care Mike, hope you can get up this way again. You can recharge your rust while you're here!

Best Regards,
Terry

Hide this!Advertise here!