Northwest GTG debuting Angel City Audio (Onix and Melody Importers) - January 29th

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know I am new here and don't have a lot of posts but DIY is really starting to interest me and I figure any excuse for audio lovers to get together and listen to music, watch movies, and talk is a good one. If this isn't appropriate here since it isn't a "DIY" Event please let me know. I just wanted to let others know that may not go to other forums that I am hosting this event. The main thread is being maintained HERE but please post here and PM me your info if you're interested. I'll be sending out emails with details to my house and the event as we get closer to the date.

In celebration of Angel City Audio's new Trinity (LCR combo) I am hosting a GTG at my house in Monroe, WA - JANUARY 29th, 2011 at 12:00 noon. This will go till probably 4-5:00 and we will have refreshments, food, and some beer and wine. This is going to be a pretty informal event and is going to be set up with people able to come and go as they please. Hugh, the owner of Angel City Audio, will be here in full effect to talk about the company and the speakers (they were debuted at RMAF and CES) so it will be a great chance to meet and great with The Man himself :) I really think we're going to have a lot of fun!

Here is a pic of some of the gear that may or may not be there ;) (the speakers definitely and we're working on the rest of the gear):

1683abad.jpg

We are going to have two different setups going in different rooms:
Main Living Room - 2 Channel
Trinity L&R
Strata Mini's
Possibly another set or two for rotation. Mike is working on bringing a set of his franken-omnis seen here:Mish mash of parts and GR's A/V-0 Box design = amazing sound
Melody Integrateds - MK88 and possibly the AN300B!!
Onix XCD-50

Theater Room
Trinity LCR
MFW-15's X 2
Onkyo 805
Oppo 83SE for Blu-Ray and 2-channel playback via the analog outputs on the Oppo
Toshiba HD-A30 for HD-DVD
Panasonic PT-AX100U Projector (720p) and DIY 97" Screen

EVENT SCHEDULE
The plan is to start around noon and do 2-channel listening in both the upstairs dedicated 2-channel room as well as downstairs in the movie room. Since the setups will be so drastically different it will give people a chance to listen to what the Trinity can do in a dedicated space as well as a more conventional "family room" type of atmosphere. This will help keep the noise levels down so that critical listening can be done in both locations.

Around 2:00 we're going to stop both setups, gather and grab food and if its nice, possibly go out side for some fresh air :) This will also be the time where Hugh will get a chance to talk to us about Angel City Audio as well as the Trinity and how they are positioning themselves in the marketplace with their own line of speakers as well as the Onix and Melody offerings. I think it will help people get a true understanding of what is behind the company and where it is going. Nhan (one of the dealers) will be on hand as well to help answer questions (hope that's ok Nhan that I volunteer you!).

After lunch and talking, we'll resume 2-channel listening upstairs but will put the full force of the Trinity on display downstairs in the media room.

Plan on finishing roughly around 4:00 but if there's a few stragglers still kicking around, we won't kick you our right away :)

If anyone has suggestions of what they'd like to hear or see please let me know. Also, be sure to bring your own listening/viewing material if its something you really want to hear. I have quite a bit of music/dvd's but not nearly eclectic enough to satisfy all tastes. Plus, everyone has their favorites they like to demo with :)

Since my house isn't all that big we are going to keep this as a relatively small event with 15 people max. I am going to keep this post as the master list (I will have the same post on other forums) so please PM me if you are going to come and what your email address is. I will then email everyone a week before the event with my address.

Attendees:
Scott (skeeter99)
Lisa (my wife)
Hugh (Hugh)
Jack Day (dad)
John (father in law)
Shawn (ShawnMC)
Randy (TechFan) - maybe
Nahn (PhenomeNhan)
Kurt (Drunkonjack) - maybe
Kris Deering - maybe
Will (Sir.Byrd) - AudioKarma
Will's Father
Dave Williams (Spalls) - AudioKarma - maybe
Mike (Beatcoaster)
Jeff (jephdood) - maybe
Mike (mca) - Audiocircle - maybe

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Scott

Last edited:
Email just sent to everyone who has given me their email address. There are some of you that have said you want to come but didn't give me your address. Please PM me your email addy and I'll send the detailed email to you.

Looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!

Thanks!

Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.