DIYers in Germany?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've recently moved to Germany, Berlin to be precise, from Tokyo and would love to connect with some DIYers in the area. I've seen lots of German flags as avatars so I know there are some of you out there. Do you guys get together? Any interest in a meet? Any clubs?

My main interst, at the moment anyway, is tube stuff and speakers that can take advantage of tube stuff. I'm still VERY much a newbie but am excited to learn. My gear is still in transit somewhere between here and there, but once it arrives I'd love to get together. I've got a decent amount of space at my house and could probably host a get together if anyone is interested (but I'm looking at least at September before I've got anything here.

Love to hear from you guys!

P.S. If Berlin isn't a good location I'd be up for driving to see/hear some cool stuff!

Well, Berlin is a pretty big place, there should be some tubies around. Guess there are not more nor less than in any other country, except for Japan maybe, where you indeed have some sort of a bigger "scene".
I relocated back from the US to Germany three years ago - now let me tell ya, loved tube amps there, and love 'em here. I myself am not too much into the club thing, and I am unfortunately also not very familiar with the Berlin area, but you will definitely find some DIY'er there, even more when you are also into speaker DIY - By the way, welcome to Germany!
:cheerful:
Marcus

Hi
I'm from Berlin as well but I'm real newbie so I can't help you very much.
I don't know of any clubs around Berlin but there seems to be some occasional get together of hifi-forum members (the corresponding thread Stammtisch Berlin, Stammtisch-Forum - HIFI-FORUM (Seite 6)). It seems the last meeting was in November 2009. But frankly I can't imagine to go to any of these cause I don't like the tone of the German hifi-forums too much.
One thing you could try is go to sly-electronics (sly.de, Prenzlauer Berg Erich Weinertstr. 139-141). When I was there to buy some BSC components the guy in the shop was really nice and actually the first newbie friendly guy I met in any electronics store here in Berlin. He is one of the guys behind www.hornlautsprecher.de - solutions in sound so I guess he probably knows something about tubes.
I'm really not sure if I'm interested in a meeting, it just seems so serious to me.
daniel

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.