2010 Ottawa DIY Audio Get Together - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th August 2010, 09:15 PM   #51
diyAudio Member

Default Impressive gear

Great that you pulled off this meet. Sure wish I could have made it. Another one this fall?!

John
Old 13th August 2010, 11:34 PM   #52
Mark Kravchenko --- www.kravchenko-audio.com
diyAudio Member

Up to how many want to do it I guess. Maybe if we twist Pierres arm he could get us in contact with the community center and one of us or a group of us could run the next one. Pierre did a great job on the last one and I'm guessing the organization has to be spread around a bit to make things fair.

But I'd be in if there was one.

Got some really neat line source designs that getting close to fruition.

Mark
Old 8th September 2010, 09:14 PM   #53
diyAudio Member

And I am the $$$ behind one of those line sources. I was so impressed with Owens that i decided to do them, but with a major twist. we'll keep you updated with the new one, Mark and I were both thinking January, but, i wouldnt mind doing both dates!

im willing to pitch $10 for each day we do this, i mean, if everyone put $10 in, we could pretty much pay for the place and use the rest to go towards organizing the second day! if you can't afford 10, or don't want a second day, i think $5 wouldn't be too much to ask.

I'm not in charge of anything, just giving some suggestions.
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:08 PM   #54
diyAudio Member

Came across this thread while looking for groups who might be interested in having a table at the upcoming Mini-Maker Faire in Ottawa (artengine.ca/makerfaire), and wanted to post a little message to the thread. We used to have an audio working group here at Artengine and still do a lot of stuff with sound experimentation. If you are ever looking for a like minded group to support and share we are a great spot.

Will have to try and stay in the loop as to what the group is up to.

cheers,
Ryan Stec
Artistic Director
Artengine
Old 15th December 2010, 05:06 PM   #55
ripcard is offline ripcard  Canada
diyAudio Member

A second Ottawa DIY Meet is scheduled for the weekend of Jan. 22-23, 2011. Please see Post #5 HERE for details. We hope to get more people out this time (esp. those that couldn't make it back in June).
Old 21st October 2012, 11:37 AM   #56
diyAudio Member

Default OVRC Auction - DIY parts donations (H.H. Bloom)

The Ottawa Vintage Radio Club http:\\Ottawa Vintage Radio Club is holding its next auction on Sunday, Oct 28, 2012, starting at 1:00pm. Amongst the articles being auctioned are many DIY parts from Sound Master Studios, donated by Mr. Hy Bloom upon closing of his audio repair shop and sound studio after 50 years of business. As Mr. Bloom built over 30,000 mono amps, he had numerous unbuilt chassis in various sizes. Some are punched for Mr. Bloom's very popular amps, some are untouched, and some are in their original paper wrappers. There are many other items that will be of interest to the DIY builder and collector of vintage radio and audio.

The OVRC auction is held at the Canterbury Community Centre, 2185 Arch Street, Ottawa (near Walkey and St. Laurent South), starting at 1:00pm. All buyers must be paid-up members of OVRC. Anyone may join the club on the day of the auction by completing a registration form and paying a one year membership (currently $10.00). There is no buyer’s commission. Payment is by cash only for items purchased by new members.
Old 9th November 2012, 03:11 AM   #57
diyAudio Member

Default Planning for 2013 Ottawa meet - link

Please check this thread:
DIY OTTAWA WINTER 2012

John

Hide this!Advertise here!