Southern Ontario diyFEST - Page 21 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th May 2011, 12:10 AM   #201
diyAudio Member

I'm still in if it'll be around barrie. I probably won't have anything to show( in the middle of building an 8" ported box made from 15*15 clay tile with ply end caps) ,but I would really like to hear some toob gear w/turntable, I've never had the chance before
Old 13th May 2011, 03:19 PM   #202
jscelo is offline jscelo  Canada
diyAudio Member

I think June 11 at about 1pm (Sat.) appears okay for everyone. Anatech is also probably making an appearance.And will speak about something regarding our hobby. Depending on no. of attendees I will put on a barbecue (toob steaks and burgers). If lots of people end up attending we can work out a small donation for costs. It will be B.Y.O.B. and cigars. Please p.m. me to advise of your attendance and I will supply you with instructions how to get here. I am just off 400 hwy. at s/end of Barrie.
Old 13th May 2011, 03:57 PM   #203
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscelo View Post
I think June 11 at about 1pm (Sat.) appears okay for everyone. Anatech is also probably making an appearance.And will speak about something regarding our hobby. Depending on no. of attendees I will put on a barbecue (toob steaks and burgers). If lots of people end up attending we can work out a small donation for costs. It will be B.Y.O.B. and cigars. Please p.m. me to advise of your attendance and I will supply you with instructions how to get here. I am just off 400 hwy. at s/end of Barrie.
I like the Barrie location but will not go anywhere near nor expose myself or any of my homemade gear to cigarette or cigar smoke. I did all of that which I required earlier in my life as so many of us did and have now moved well on. As for liquor, is this supposed to be a party or an audio enthusiast meeting?
Old 13th May 2011, 04:15 PM   #204
jscelo is offline jscelo  Canada
diyAudio Member

There is no cigar/cigerette or whatever in my home. Some people do smoke and if so desired they can smoke outside. Some people (at previous audio type fests) have brought some beer. It is not a party, but the occasional beer never hurt anyone.
Old 13th May 2011, 06:20 PM   #205
diyAudio Member

Quote:
There is no cigar/cigerette or whatever in my home. Some people do smoke and if so desired they can smoke outside. Some people (at previous audio type fests) have brought some beer. It is not a party, but the occasional beer never hurt anyone.
I held a Teslathon once amongst friends and fellow coil winders at my high voltage lab and as a joke brought in a six pac of Corona, considered an occasional beer for that event.
Old 18th May 2011, 02:38 AM   #206
Lo_Tse is offline Lo_Tse  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Great! Look like this "Inaugural Diyaudio Southern Ontario Region" meet is going to happen!! Jscelo, I will PM you later for the instructions to your place. Looking forward to meeting you DIYers!

Lo_tse
Old 18th May 2011, 09:29 PM   #207
diyAudio Member

I shall bringeth my new new speakers.
Old 19th May 2011, 01:08 AM   #208
diyAudio Member

Default Count me in"!"

I can make it. Nothing to show... yet....but I have some record clamps for sale, $12 each. My brother-law may be interested. Great and thanks for having it at your spot.
Old 19th May 2011, 11:13 PM   #209
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Well everyone, it sounds like this is coming off just fine. I'll do my best to be there, and if anyone wants to hitch a ride ... Shouldn't be a problem. My wife's dad is in the hospital now and it's serious. That's about the only thing that might sink my plans (then I may need a ride!). One car, and it's a small one.

If any of you are left out due to distance, another meet somewhere else might be an idea. I would do my best to make that as well.

I don't think it's critical to have something to show. No need for anyone to bow out 'cause they don't have a toy - yet. DIY isn't for everyone and a kit can provide just as much satisfaction for some people. Or, store bought works too. I think the best part of this will be meeting everyone. Hmm, and eating of course!

-Chris
Old 20th May 2011, 12:02 AM   #210
diyAudio Member

anatech brings up a good point. With opec's hands firmly grasping our grapes we may want to consider carpooling.

I'll be coming from SW Burlington. If anyone want's a ride.

Hide this!Advertise here!