Southern Ontario diyFEST - Page 14 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th November 2010, 02:10 AM   #131
diyAudio Member

Then it's agreed.

Please everyone keep your eyes peeled for a good spot!
Old 10th November 2010, 03:18 AM   #132
diyAudio Member

Whoa, this picked up steam in a hurry! But then died out?!

At this point I'd like to say I'm not 100% in yet, what with school and its associated complications... I'll have to check this thread more often, however!
Old 10th November 2010, 11:53 PM   #133
diyAudio Member

Default can this really be the end?

My funds have been returned...thanks but does that mean this fest is at a hold?
Peter C.
Old 11th November 2010, 04:07 AM   #134
diyAudio Member

Damn DJ's well maybe its for the better. Sorry I've been out of the loop with a new job. Well if it comes down to it I'd still be up for stuffing my face and shootin' the ****. Oh by the way people, I see that there are several(4) people in the Barrie area, maybe we could do a small get together meet and greet/foodstuff.

Last edited by Top Shelf; 11th November 2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 13th November 2010, 12:52 AM   #135
diyAudio Member

Default Local Boy

Speaking for myself, I was hoping for a T.O. happening. Maybe the new year? There's always hope
Peter C.
Old 17th November 2010, 10:49 PM   #136
diyAudio Member

Its sad that it seems to me that a majority of DIY'ers are introverts and cannot find the time and/ or what little funds it takes to go out and meet new people with the same
interest. Clearly there are no speaker building "clubs"
around, as I have been on the hunt for a dozen years.

We should make use of the resources we have and get something going....eh!
Old 17th November 2010, 11:02 PM   #137
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Its sad that it seems to me that a majority of DIY'ers are introverts and cannot find the time and/ or what little funds it takes to go out and meet new people with the same
interest. Clearly there are no speaker building "clubs"
around, as I have been on the hunt for a dozen years.

We should make use of the resources we have and get something going....eh!
I know at least in my case I've got a 120% courseload at school and have little time to sleep let alone meet with even my closest friends unless it's at the campus pub between classes!
Old 17th November 2010, 11:23 PM   #138
diyAudio Member

Ok,ok I know that life is hectic at the best of times. I was in school once too That was a rant of sorts..... Maybe people don't check this thread often but I was hoping to stir up my local area a bit
Old 18th November 2010, 01:26 AM   #139
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Ok,ok I know that life is hectic at the best of times. I was in school once too That was a rant of sorts..... Maybe people don't check this thread often but I was hoping to stir up my local area a bit
Jeremy, All,

I get to Barrie a couple of times in an average month to visit friends, buy technical materials and/or visit my closest Princess Auto store and have a glorious pig out fest at one of two local Chinese all you can eat buffet restaurants. I would be more interested in an audio get together in that area than say near Burlington or Hamilton.

One of these restaurants is the old King's buffet on Dunlop Street which is now called Oriental Express. The food is superb and they only charge $7.99 for the lunch buffet. That has to be the best deal in the whole province for an excellent meal. I do not personally know any tube-o-philes or audiophiles in Barrie however, or anywhere else close for that matter.

If I could clean out my house and shop and get my act together I could host one of these things and even host a speaker building workshop. Unfortunately my clutter is likely a perpetual obstacle.
Old 18th November 2010, 01:55 AM   #140
diyAudio Member

Wow chinese food and P auto... awesome!! If we plan something for next month hopefully some others could join in. I'm not either a Tubo/audiophile, I enjoy the purity of music of itself too much to worry about the details. When I sit to listen to some of my favorite tracks, my gauge of how well a system reproduces the source is if I get shivers up my spine.
Someday I will build a really nice pair of home speakers( when my kids are done with markers)
Yes let's plan something and maybe ill pm some of the innisfil/ Barrie folks and get them off their a**es

Hide this!Advertise here!