diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Clubs & Events (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-events/)
-   -   Anybody headed to RMAF? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-events/152541-anybody-headed-rmaf.html)

pjanda1 26th September 2009 06:55 PM

Anybody headed to RMAF?

Are any of you folks headed to this year's Rocky Mountain Audio Fest? I now live quite a bit closer, so I hope to make it down. I'm not yet sure which day I'll be there.

rjbond3rd 26th September 2009 11:58 PM

I'll be there on Saturday. Several other forum members from Santa Fe are attending the whole show. Alas, I will only be there for 5 hours. I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy the ticket online (ten bucks is pretty reasonable).

EEatKSU 28th September 2009 02:33 AM

I went a couple of years ago, really enjoyed the experience and had a great conversation with Clark Blumenstein about my BBBIB's that I built. If I had time to go this year I would love to.

audiosteve 28th September 2009 03:16 PM

I'll probably go. It's less than an hour from the house.

pjanda1 30th September 2009 04:04 PM

It looks like I'll be there on Saturday. I'll drive from home, so I presume I won't make until around noon. I'm staying with a friend in Fort Collins, so if I don't see everything on Sat, I may return Sunday morning. I'm excited. It'll be my first audio show. Anybody else making the trip?

pj
www.wildburroaudio.com

audiosteve 30th September 2009 04:31 PM

I have changed from a probable to definite. I'll be there on Sunday.

john curl 1st October 2009 01:56 AM

RMAF 2009

I am going to ask again, because I am pretty sure that my first attempt is lost. Is anyone, besides Bob Cordell, going to the Rocky Mountain AudioFest? If so, I would be interested in meeting you there, just so we can 'size each other up' so to speak. No obligations, no sales talk, just a fellow audiophile. I am told that many audiophiles attend this event, but I have never done so, myself. I will be located on the 5th floor, somewhere, I am told, and I will be babysitting a new power amp. Somewhere else in the building a new Parasound phono pre-amp, designed by Scott Wurcer (he only designed the input IC, but that is worth mentioning) and me, and this will be its first public showing, to my knowledge. I hope that both demos sound good, of course, but I can't promise, as I have no input as to the demos themselves. See you there, if there are any of you going.

andy_c 1st October 2009 02:19 AM

Hi John,

I'll be there on Saturday. Will you be in the Behold room, Parasound or both?

And an OT question: have you heard the DVD-A versions of Workingman's Dead and/or American Beauty?

john curl 1st October 2009 02:32 AM

Hi, Andy C. I actually don't know what room I will be in, but it will probably not be the Behold room. The importer for Behold is also sponsoring our new amp, but I don't know what it will be called. The importer has, at least 5 separate rooms, at the show, I will just be in only one with a solid state server design, that he also sponsors. 5th floor is all I know, at the moment. See you there.

1audio 1st October 2009 03:28 AM

John:
I'll be there, but wearing a professional hat or two. I will mostly be babysitting a client's digital audio player adjacent to Reference Recordings. I will definitely be up to see you.
-Demian