New Englanders Chime In! - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd March 2010, 06:37 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Millis MA here.

I've been a car-audio DIYer since I learned to drive but just recently have been soaking up all that is DIY home audio. I'd love to meet with fellow enthusiasts to demo equipment, share music, debate face to face whether wires make a difference, etc, etc.
Old 3rd March 2010, 06:54 PM   #12
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

Kennebunk, Maine. Near southern New Hampster and BOSS tone.

We should do a get together at some point.
Salas Boards 2014 #2 Click Here to Sign Up! |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
Old 15th January 2013, 01:57 PM   #13
speaker is online now speaker  United States
diyAudio Member

Let's bring this one back to the top.....

Old 15th January 2013, 02:03 PM   #14
w1jim is offline w1jim  United States
diyAudio Member

Talking New England GTG 2/23/2012

We've been holding these events for a few years now with usually about 40-50 people showing up. Mostly AudioKarma guys but everyone is invited. We have demos, buying/selling/swapping and give away stuff.

New England Winter Frankenfest February 23rd Clinton MA - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

New England Winter Frankenfest February 23rd Clinton MA 2013

At Franks shop
55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Just over the railroad tracks (like in Alice's Restaurant).

As usual we'll start around 11AM and we usually go until around 6-7PM. Folks come and go throughout the day.

These events are going quite well with people taking more responsibility for bringing food and cleaning up afterwards. Let's keep that up!

The swap / sell tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up. Just take your unsold treasure home with you, don't load Frank's dumpster.

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend - AK involvement isn't a requirement, although typically a given.

All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio - that's our common bond.
Old 15th January 2013, 02:07 PM   #15
billyk is offline billyk  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow, something that's actually close to me! I am putting it on my calendar now. I live only a few miles away and work in Worcester, too cool.
Old 15th January 2013, 02:07 PM   #16
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

W1Jim, I am good for that, long as I can keep work and colds at bay. Can I get on some mailing list?
Old 15th January 2013, 04:15 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Just curious, is it a DIY listening type gathering where people get to demo other's creations? Or is it more of a swap meet with some tech sessions on how snake oil cables are better than others?

If people are interested in the former rather than the latter, I usually invite a friend or two to my home in southern NH to drink beer and demo our latest creations. Send me a PM if you're interested in showing off your DIY speakers with us. It's a low budget sort of thing. You won't find expensive amps and cables (although you're welcome to bring some). We DIY because its a cheap alternative.

Last Saturday we tried out my new 6" tapped horn sub, did the subwoofer crawl, and then compared 4 sets of speakers. An old cheap pair of DCMs from College, my Alpair 10.2 Pensils, my friend's new-to-him vintage speakers (I forget the brand), and my friend's Zaph ZA5.2 kit. Ok, so the DCMs were really brought up from the basement to serve as stands but we did play a few songs through them to see how they stacked up. I also built a new center channel but we ran out of time and didn't test it.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 15th January 2013, 05:46 PM   #18
w1jim is offline w1jim  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuyler1 View Post
Just curious, is it a DIY listening type gathering where people get to demo other's creations? Or is it more of a swap meet with some tech sessions on how snake oil cables are better than others?
Regarding our GTG in Clinton - it is what you want it to be. Lots of swap stuff, lots of gear to demo and lots jawboning (that's chatting with folks and eating snacks).
Not much in the way of high end cables - mostly vintage stuff and DIY stuff.
In the past I've done comparisons between various vintage gear, high end vs low end CDP's, LPs vs CDs and comparing recapped vs stock receivers.
Old 15th January 2013, 05:58 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Ok cool, sounds like its worth attending for me to see what its about. I'll add it to my calendar.
Old 17th January 2013, 08:33 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1jim View Post
New England Winter Frankenfest February 23rd Clinton MA 2013
I'm thinking that I could make it all the way from Lowell...

Hide this!Advertise here!