New England Audio Get Together - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th March 2009, 10:10 PM   #11
billyk is offline billyk  United States
diyAudio Member

Very excited, I will most likely be finished with my father in-laws pc by noon latest. I have some beers, and half my stuff packed. Can you PM with your addy.
Bill
Old 7th March 2009, 12:49 AM   #12
udailey is offline udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

BillyK,
Larry will be over around 1pm tomorrow. So its the three of us plus one if your friend makes it.
See you tomorrow.
Uriah
Old 7th March 2009, 01:14 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Haven't heard from him, so it's just us. Got the beer and equipment packed. See you then.
Old 7th March 2009, 04:20 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to booangler
Default Road Trip

Fellas,

The odd guy from Rochester is in! See you next week, I'll be bringing gear (6T9 SE Amp, Aidido 24V Tube Preamp, and maybe a modded playstation) and beer (IPA and a Nut Brown).

Alan
Old 8th March 2009, 03:54 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Guys and gals,
It went great and we had a ball. I posted this over in DIYaudioProjects and figured I would drop it over here to. I am trying to get another one together for next weekend. Some big amps could be involved and I have heard partial interest from MJK. Thrilled! I need to look into conference rooms and will begin that tomorrow.

Here is my other post

Tell you what MJK if you will commit to coming I will get a conference room in Mid Mass. Hell maybe North Mass. I would love to hear some of your speakers.
The night was absolutely wonderful. Bill brought some California Sound stuff. Frankly he is so digital it is a bit foreign to me but it was a definite improvement on my gear. The Lightspeed got some good attention and I thought it held its own very well. We switched to a Conrad Johnson hybrid preamp that was very nice but my amp was a bit on the high gain side for it. Still sounded good. I had the MyRef running on the Audio Nirvana's. Bill is digital as I said and his ripping of discs to lossless has been done very well. He has a lot of live recordings that do NOT sound amateur so some Grateful Dead sounded, well, Great.
Bill and I were patting ourselves on the back for how well our systems were integrating and each of our systems strengths were being shown off. Larry was just sitting back, eyes closed, listening and waiting to drop the hand grenade on our delusions of grandeur. He unpacked two Wavelength 300B monoblock Class A amps and absolutely wiped the floor with our previous setup. We still used the California Audio/Sound ? transport and DAC into a tube pre into the mono blocks and I have to say that the Audio Nirvanas have NEVER sounded like that. It was jawdropping over and over again. Blew my mind. I have been saving money for new speakers. Thats not the weak link and these amps proved it for me. I love the ANs and I am really happy with them, especially now. Now I know that its a great amp I need and also that I would do well to upgrade my source. He was using Kimber Kables to the speakers and some PBJ between the source and pre and amp. I dont know what difference the Kimber or PBJ made but man I am in love with the Wavelength amps. A very special 8 watts.
3 guys had a great time. Pizza and beer was good to. New pizza place for me. Great cheese
I really hope to get Alan, MJK, and TeaBag to make the trip. Bill will be there for sure and we are hoping to get Larry to come back. I will have to experiment to see if I can get the ANs in the car. Tough fit.
OH and I have new respect for my Fonkens. I owe Dave Dlugos an apology for all the grief I have given my Fonkens. It was certainly amp dependent and I just need something better.
I am going to post this over on DIY and hopefully the mention of MJK will get some others interested.
Good night and Good night
Uriah
Old 8th March 2009, 04:17 AM   #16
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by udailey
Guys and gals,
It went great and we had a ball. I posted this over in DIYaudioProjects and figured I would drop it over here to.

He was using Kimber Kables to the speakers and some PBJ between the source and pre and amp.

Uriah
PBJ = Peanut Butter & Jelly =

My brother lives in the Heartford - Springfield MA area so I'll let him know about this get together.

Good going guys - these meets can be hard to get going and to pull off. I tried to get some interest in the Nashville area and it went over about as well as passing gas in an elevator.
Old 8th March 2009, 03:13 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to booangler
Uriah,

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Really looking forward to next weekend.

Alan
Old 8th March 2009, 04:34 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Okay, anybody watching this thread and wondering if they should come..... Martin J King just said if I can get it north of Boston and near the turnpike he will absolutely come. I am going to make that happen. He is bringing his speakers, and we all know the DIYaudio fame of his speakers. Do you want to hear something fantastic on DIY speakers? Be there!
Uriah
Old 8th March 2009, 07:49 PM   #19
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

Default Where

There is a red-roof in Saugus, that at least may be cheap.(I wouldn't stay there) High end I think maybe Marriot in Burlington's conference rooms. Just some ideas.
Old 8th March 2009, 08:31 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Cheep is good!
As long as they let us make noise, it doesn't smell too bad, and theres lots of power, we should be good.

Hide this!Advertise here!