6th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2009 - Page 15 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th August 2009, 12:15 AM   #141
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo View Post
I'm glad I could share the bass 'cannon' and I think for next year maybe I'll try and get it working better.
I don't know if the 12" green PVC pipe made it into any of the pictures, Vutec jumped turning it into a woofer... hopefully for next year, then we can have dueling cannons

dave
Old 28th August 2009, 02:17 AM   #142
Duo is offline Duo  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Duo
Sounds like fun.

By then the multi-kilowatt amplifier will be ready so the cannons can smoke! (Cal might like to see this)
Old 28th August 2009, 06:20 AM   #143
diyAudio Member

So, we could see a Duo-Cal bass shootout? Dat could be fun

Quote:
G33k: Good work on Dynamutt, I really like it. (I think the HP likes it too). Moosefet has helped inspire me to continue my measurements on harmonic distortion in speakers.
Thanks!

I really look forward to going over some speaker distortion spectra.

Cheers!
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:34 PM   #144
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

OK, We have finished the weekend work for the year. I'm now ready to get down and party with everyone. I hear Scott's bringing some beer, no doubt the food is going to be good. Daniels got some big iron, the PA gear is loaded in the truck, now tell me again when this is happening?

What? What do you mean?

I don't understand. I just worked 4 straight weekends to pay for all this.

Sorry I couldn't be there this year but I'll come twice next year. Um, maybe I should reword that.

Sounds like it was another big success. Good on Dave and Ruth once again and to all that made it a memorable time. See ya next year.
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:47 PM   #145
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Weldon View Post
OK, We have finished the weekend work for the year. I'm now ready to get down and party with everyone. I hear Scott's bringing some beer, no doubt the food is going to be good. Daniels got some big iron, the PA gear is loaded in the truck, now tell me again when this is happening?

What? What do you mean?

I don't understand. I just worked 4 straight weekends to pay for all this.

Sorry I couldn't be there this year but I'll come twice next year. Um, maybe I should reword that.

Sounds like it was another big success. Good on Dave and Ruth once again and to all that made it a memorable time. See ya next year.

well, the traveling Finlayson Arm Hillbillies could always make another road trip to Canada
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:02 PM   #146
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Default The Traveling Hillbillies

Always look forward to their visit. Now where's my corkscrew?
Old 29th October 2009, 01:54 PM   #147
diyAudio Member

Wow, that event looks like my mental image of heaven. Thank you Ruth for all the pix!

Dave or Chris, you have a set of baffles with transparent wings (glass or plexi) with a removeable panel to mount different drivers. One of the panel pairs is orange. Are those Betsy's on the orange panel? If so, how do you like them vs. the others there?
Old 29th October 2009, 07:03 PM   #148
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Yes, we had both stock & EnABLed Betsys (with phase plugs -- i ended up with a batch of blanks that were off, turns out perfect for Betsy), but they were the early ones with the series R caused by a conductive cone ones. Treated drivers definitly better then not, but neither really turned my crank. Based purly on emotional experience (spread apart by a year, so really only an impression), i'd give the Visaton B200 (with phase plugs -- necessary IMHO) and the Korean Joy of Music (unobtainium) the edge, ingthe silver Iris at the bottom.

In other words very good value for the money, as all the competitors cost much more.

dave
Old 29th October 2009, 08:09 PM   #149
diyAudio Member

Hi Dave, very interesting. I too was not wild about Silver Iris, though I would give it another change if given the opportunity. I need to contact you about phase plugs then!

Hide this!Advertise here!