6th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2009

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, We have finished the weekend work for the year. I'm now ready to get down and party with everyone. I hear Scott's bringing some beer, no doubt the food is going to be good. Daniels got some big iron, the PA gear is loaded in the truck, now tell me again when this is happening?

What? What do you mean? :confused:

I don't understand. I just worked 4 straight weekends to pay for all this. :headbash: :bawling:

Sorry I couldn't be there this year but I'll come twice next year. Um, maybe I should reword that.

Sounds like it was another big success. Good on Dave and Ruth once again and to all that made it a memorable time. See ya next year.

OK, We have finished the weekend work for the year. I'm now ready to get down and party with everyone. I hear Scott's bringing some beer, no doubt the food is going to be good. Daniels got some big iron, the PA gear is loaded in the truck, now tell me again when this is happening?

What? What do you mean? :confused:

I don't understand. I just worked 4 straight weekends to pay for all this. :headbash: :bawling:

Sorry I couldn't be there this year but I'll come twice next year. Um, maybe I should reword that.

Sounds like it was another big success. Good on Dave and Ruth once again and to all that made it a memorable time. See ya next year.

well, the traveling Finlayson Arm Hillbillies could always make another road trip to Canada

Wow, that event looks like my mental image of heaven. Thank you Ruth for all the pix!

Dave or Chris, you have a set of baffles with transparent wings (glass or plexi) with a removeable panel to mount different drivers. One of the panel pairs is orange. Are those Betsy's on the orange panel? If so, how do you like them vs. the others there?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes, we had both stock & EnABLed Betsys (with phase plugs -- i ended up with a batch of blanks that were off, turns out perfect for Betsy), but they were the early ones with the series R caused by a conductive cone ones. Treated drivers definitly better then not, but neither really turned my crank. Based purly on emotional experience (spread apart by a year, so really only an impression), i'd give the Visaton B200 (with phase plugs -- necessary IMHO) and the Korean Joy of Music (unobtainium) the edge, ingthe silver Iris at the bottom.

In other words very good value for the money, as all the competitors cost much more.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.