The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do not know who is lucky recipient of PowerPhysics class D amplifiers, since I was out in the different room when Mark was doing raffle in the big room, during the show yesterday. I would like to connect with the owner, and to see if you would need any help or info regarding these, seems like, outstanding amps.

In my conversation with Gordon from PowerPhysics, he told me that they would be excited to compare their amps to any other amps in the market, since they feel that their product is of very high quality. To give you some info - PowerPhysics has been working exclusively business to business, supplying their amps and other products to well known brands. What is great news for us, now they are interested in, for the first time, offering their products to DIY community. Based on prices Gordon mentioned, I think many people will be very pleased that they could have class D amp, for very affordable price. Check their web site please, to find out more. They are adjusting their website to be able to sell directly.

They were very generous to BAF and they donated 10 of their amps for the show, hoping to have our opinion on the quality of their product. Please feel free to contact PowerPhysics directly if you would need any further info or help in putting your BAF prize to life.
:)

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thank you John!

John Curl gave me some of his prized high quality resistors.
They are 0.1% tolerance, don't know any other parameters. Will check when I get home from this trip.

jan didden

Attachments

• res-2.JPG
    res-2.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 421
  • jc resistors compressed.jpg
    jc resistors compressed.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 419
  • res-1.JPG
    res-1.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 415
Hi thank you for posting images, but something is wrong with your link - it has a double entry. So when I deleted the duplicate portion, I was able to load the page. Than it takes extremely long to load all the images...

As I mentioned earlier, you could post on BAF's gallery page. It is very convenient since you could load a bulk of images, when they are zipped in folder.

Thank you, I'll do that. My DSL line is overloaded currently (I keep my Linux server in my barn). Double link is the result of some bug in the forum software.

Not to forget, John Curl showed up and gave away some of his precious high-quality resistors. I got a pair of glass corning R's and a pair of some others, don't know yet which brand, individually packaged in plastic tubes. Must have cost a fortune!
I'll need to put them through their paces once I get back home.

I already tested all my DMMs. :D

Thanks to John! :treasure:

The great thing about these resistors is not just the precision. The metal film resistor in the photo has the RNR prefix. The RN designates that it is a metal film resistor while the following R indicates established reliability. Non-inductive precision wire-wounds with this reliability use the RBR and AFTR suffixes.

John

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The great thing about these resistors is not just the precision. The metal film resistor in the photo has the RNR prefix. The RN designates that it is a metal film resistor while the following R indicates established reliability. Non-inductive precision wire-wounds with this reliability use the RBR and AFTR suffixes.

John

So John the small green one is a non-inductive mf? Or is it a bifilar ww?

jan didden

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
What a day! What a great day for audio! And for diyers!

A huge congratulations must go to the diyaudio team who made it all possible!
You guys are awesome!

For me, the two presentations by Papa and Linkwitz were the highlight of the
day. The new "Pass" device is sure to generate some interest. I know I'm
waiting to use it.

I finally understood clearly what's going on in a dipole :) In answering
questions and through his presentation, Linkwitz really showed why he is the
master! His Orions sounded like a very complete speaker and are easily the
best speaker I've ever heard. A big thanks to him for bringing them to the
show.

The other inspiring part was to look at the amazing designs of fellow diyers..
so much thought put into making it look good. Yes, I'm inspired to make my
creations a little more aesthetic.

Looking forward to next year!

Cheers guys!!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Looking forward to next year!

Cheers guys!!

B careful what U wish fer! Next year ZM is supposed to show up. I just watched the new "Predators" movie where it starts with guys waking up while they are plunging to earth from waaaaaaaay the hexx up! Sorta made me think about those discount air fares AR2 is gonna fix ZM up with.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

http://www.predators-movie.com/main.html#/videos/8

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Paul Paccini and Jason Daniels were not there and won amps. I have contacted them to send them their amp modules, as well as those who won Subscriptions to Audio Xpress online..

The others were won by people who were there. Maybe we aren't clever marketers, because we gave each winner 2 channels so they can make 2 channel amps.

I do not know who is lucky recipient of PowerPhysics class D amplifiers, since I was out in the different room when Mark was doing raffle in the big room, during the show yesterday. I would like to connect with the owner, and to see if you would need any help or info regarding these, seems like, outstanding amps.

In my conversation with Gordon from PowerPhysics, he told me that they would be excited to compare their amps to any other amps in the market, since they feel that their product is of very high quality. To give you some info - PowerPhysics has been working exclusively business to business, supplying their amps and other products to well known brands. What is great news for us, now they are interested in, for the first time, offering their products to DIY community. Based on prices Gordon mentioned, I think many people will be very pleased that they could have class D amp, for very affordable price. Check their web site please, to find out more. They are adjusting their website to be able to sell directly.

They were very generous to BAF and they donated 10 of their amps for the show, hoping to have our opinion on the quality of their product. Please feel free to contact PowerPhysics directly if you would need any further info or help in putting your BAF prize to life.
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.