The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Announcement in Oct issue AudioXpress.

Jan Didden

Attachments

• announcement.jpg
    announcement.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 538
Jeb-D. said:

Humble :confused: That's a lot of juice!

SY saw it; it's still humble: below 10W it is fine, the 2'nd harmonic is below 70 dB, no others are visible, but above 10W all spectrum horribly start growing up, like a grass when it start raining. I need to tweak the 1'st stage before showing it to somebody except listeners on concerts... Also, a PS filtering for 800V needs more juice: intermodulation with 120Hz start showing on a power (though again a 2'nd order only, but it is horrible though), so more electrolytic beefing is necessary.

janneman said:
I'm bringing a regulated tube power supply that can deliver up to 500VDC at up to 0.5amps. Maybe we can try to mate that to your amp to see how it works.

Edit: re-reading your post it looks like you need 800VDC.... My elcaps won't keep up with that....

Actually, 400 and 800. Thanks anyway! :)

Edit: I saw a pair of 0-500V regulated power supplies in Syclaboratory, they were nice!

Since we are really close to the event, let me please stress this out:

Please make sure that you have a clear directions, and map for the event if you are not familiar with the area. It is very easy to get lost in many roads that are there. That area is really nicely tucked right under the GG bridge. Interestingly not many people know about the place.

A few tips - If you are going FROM San Francisco take Alexander Ave. exit If you pass it you have to look for exit from 101 and turn around. If you are driving toward SF than again take last possible exit right before Golden Gate, make a right turn, drive under the bridge and follow the road base on directions.

Here are the directions on Google map if you are coming from SF. Hopefully the file will fit...

:(

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The best advice I can offer to get there is to remember it is right on the water, right on the east side of the bridge tower, right next to the Discovery Museum. Knowing that much you can "navigate" there.. and will arrive a lot more quickly than you expected.. You can actually see Horseshoe Cove below from the bridge.

Newsflash:

Jason, the mysterious founder of DIY Audio will be there!

I have some works in progress: one is a woofer used to play back whale calls for an art installation (corner frequency 17 Hz), and another is a tall three-way cabinet more or less complete, but still needing a crossover and drivers. I tried some different construction techniques which seemed to work OK and might be useful for others. Would people be interested in seeing them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.