The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th August 2007, 01:16 AM   #21
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

The spaces is VERY big and very versatile. A 3.3-type would work out very well in there. For speaker measurement, there is a large outdoor area, mostly shielded from wind, and a forklift to get things well off the ground.
Old 15th August 2007, 02:10 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SY
The spaces is VERY big and very versatile. A 3.3-type would work out very well in there. For speaker measurement, there is a large outdoor area, mostly shielded from wind, and a forklift to get things well off the ground.
Dammit, now I don't have an excuse. Oh, well, I didn't really need to sleep for the next couple of months...
Old 15th August 2007, 02:27 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Default Burning amp festival.

Would the space be an old hanger that we might have seen on tv? Amps don't burn well but old speaker cabinets do! Got a bunch of those I could get rid of. Sounds like a great time if I can get off work.
Old 15th August 2007, 03:01 AM   #24
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

We'll soon have a web site where you can sign up and be told the super-secret location, along with other fun info.
Old 15th August 2007, 05:38 AM   #25
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Quote:
here is the third elf.
Ah yes the Third Elf, and he is the one supplying our wonderful site, which isn't a hanger , but will require a bit of tuning, The big room will need to be "adjusted " in size. The three of us are working on that now and are confident we will get it to perform.

Give him credit, I was just wringing my hands and bemoaning the shame of not having an event here, when they already have had one now in England, and various times in Canada. Then AR2 stepped up ready to make it happen!! Helps that he has a great place!

And wait 'til you see the lounge! A great hangout to have a refreshment and chat with the members you have argued with for years, or catch a discussion or presentation. See pic below. Don't worry, we'll get rid of the pesky plants so you can belly up to the bar.

The swap meet sounds like a great idea- especially you should bring parts that you have accumulated over the years and know that you will never use..

Also we'll have a Concours D'Elegance: A place to exhibit your craftmanship even if you don't necessarily want to demo it...

More Also, you don't NEED a case on your project to give us a listen. Just bring it.

Also More Also- The dirty secret is that your don't REALLY have to burn up your amp- just let us see it and/or hear it and if it decides to burn up....well that's fine too...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg studiointeriors2.jpg (80.7 KB, 3876 views)
Old 15th August 2007, 05:52 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

The case really helps keep the amp guts together when you sling the thing in the back of the car...

Things I'm thinking of bringing -

1) A kinda - sorta blameless amp clone as a "plain vanilla" reference

2) A zen-ish Class A amp

3) A sand state/vacuum state amp with JFET front end (triode cascoded), 1625 outputs and a switcher supply.

If I get the last two working in time, I'd sure like to try them out with a high sensitivity speaker.
Old 15th August 2007, 05:55 AM   #27
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Hey, "high sensitivity are us" this is Nor Cal- Bring it ON!!!
Old 15th August 2007, 03:52 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Sounds like a very cool event. I canít wait to see details and read more about it. This should be fun and interesting!

Cheers,
Paul
"Believers cling to the myth despite the evidence, reinterpret the myth to suit the evidence, or lie about the evidence to support the myth." "To err is human; to blame errors on external factors is even more so."
Old 15th August 2007, 04:06 PM   #29
PSz. is offline PSz.  United States
diyAudio Member

Burning Amp! Count me in. Unless my wife goes into labor early.
I will bring a couple small amps. And maybe some to burn.

Last edited by Variac; 20th May 2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 16th August 2007, 05:25 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Will there be a cauldron ( bowl sounds too small!) of punch ?

Hide this!Advertise here!