The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening - Page 260 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th November 2012, 12:42 AM   #2591
Renron is offline Renron  United States
diyAudio Member

Mark,
Has anyone asked the Grand Poobahs if they are willing to be there 2 days???
AKA; Papa and Son, Sigfried Linkwitz and Jan Didden. I'm sure I've forgotten some other very important people, it's not intentional, I'm old and forgetful.
Ron
Old 15th November 2012, 04:24 AM   #2592
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

I strongly suspect they won't be able to. They would need to spend the night and that means a hotel ( although I'm sure people would be happy to open their hmes!) Jan might make it , because he stays with me! But if we're doing seminars, then its only important that the seminar demonstrator/presenter/whatever and the participants show up. Quite possibly people with a new technology or somethin might want t o have a room to demonstrate it on the seminar day..

I'm not considering having 2 days that are like the current Burning Amp.
Old 19th November 2012, 02:14 PM   #2593
The one and only

6moons has put up a transcribed copy of my talk:

6moons audio reviews: FirstWatt F6

Old 19th November 2012, 03:05 PM   #2594
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Baaaad Pa !

Old 19th November 2012, 03:41 PM   #2595
diyAudio Member

I found the end of he article most enlightening Papa understand too well what the purpose of the toys are !

Last edited by Triodethom; 19th November 2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 19th November 2012, 04:26 PM   #2596
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Member

What a great article! A nice way to do it, IMO.

And not only am I in one of the photos, (red shirt, taking photo) the 'question from the audience' on page 2 is me as well! LOL.

Old 19th November 2012, 06:35 PM   #2597
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
I strongly suspect they won't be able to. They would need to spend the night and that means a hotel ( although I'm sure people would be happy to open their hmes!) Jan might make it , because he stays with me! But if we're doing seminars, then its only important that the seminar demonstrator/presenter/whatever and the participants show up. Quite possibly people with a new technology or somethin might want t o have a room to demonstrate it on the seminar day..

I'm not considering having 2 days that are like the current Burning Amp.
The European Triode Festival is this coming weekend and starts Thursday evening, running until Sunday after breakfast. So that is two full days of presentations, listening sessions (about 7 rooms each with two systems) and even a 'shoot out' between like equipment.

Venue changes every three years and is in places like a convent converted to a convention center, a holiday village or, as this year in Berlin, a university. In other words, a venue with rooms, lodging, restaurant and main hall. Not easy to find for a reasonable budget and limited (ETF is limited to 100 participants). Cost is about $ 350 US for food and lodging.
So you see, if you go from a single day to anything longer will immediately have repercussions.
Organisation-wise, its not something a single guy can do on the side, not even Mark
The ETF team is about 8 persons, including a dedicated IT guy for managing the website and related IT.

jan
Old 20th November 2012, 05:15 PM   #2598
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Pass View Post
6moons has put up a transcribed copy of my talk:

6moons audio reviews: FirstWatt F6

Very nice
Old 23rd November 2012, 05:35 AM   #2599
diyAudio Member

I am tempted to hire a local hall (for example, there's an American Legion Hall a couple of doors down from Anchor Electronics in Santa Clara) and host a very limited edition of BA - limited list of presenters (not of listeners), each required to talk about his bit of gear, with schematics, etc, and a presentation of sound on a fixed system with discussion afterwards.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:26 AM   #2600
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchone View Post
I am tempted to hire a local hall (for example, there's an American Legion Hall a couple of doors down from Anchor Electronics in Santa Clara) and host a very limited edition of BA - limited list of presenters (not of listeners), each required to talk about his bit of gear, with schematics, etc, and a presentation of sound on a fixed system with discussion afterwards.
Would this place be suitable for a loudspeaker-focused group of 20-40 people and would you be willing to look into that for me? I am looking for venues in which I can host the next NorCal DIY Audio Group meeting, in April 2013. I'd like t do this somewhere on the peninsula between San Jose and San Mateo. It's largely a speaker building group, so the acoustics have to be pretty good...

-Charlie

Hide this!Advertise here!