The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening - Page 249 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2012, 06:14 PM   #2481
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Maps to get there:

http://www.burningamp.org/wp-content...son-Center.pdf

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Fort+...6&vpsrc=0&z=17

Hotels on Lombard St. in the Marina are reasonable and close.
Old 25th October 2012, 04:12 AM   #2482
slomatt is offline slomatt  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
I've assigned the major systems to each room. This is mainly an organizing device.
The people bringing the more complete systems and have been assigned spaces are under the obligation to swap in other components that people have brought. In some case the systems are pretty tightly integrated, but there still shouldn't be a problem swapping in stuff. If you aren't listed in a particular room just bring your equipment and put it in a room that seems appropriate and after maybe an hour then the Room Marshall will encourage swapping out components. Of course the system can be returned to the original configuration off and on also.

And if you have a Pass designed clone or a variation, he will be swapping in amps all day at the Pas Pub.
Hi Mark,

Do you happen to know if the front end in the Pass room will be balanced or unbalanced? I've got my Mini Aleph setup unbalanced at the moment but can easily switch to balanced.

Also, on the room assignments you have me listed under preamps in the DeForest Room, did you need me to bring the Bottlehead Foreplay? I'm happy to do so.

- Matt
Old 25th October 2012, 06:03 AM   #2483
diyAudio Editor

Matt, I 'd appreciate you bringing the Foreplay also , just to be safe.

I think that unbalanced is probably best because I'd like you to try the Mini-Aleph in the DeForest room too. The idea is that the Pass based amps don't stay in the Pass Pub, they just pass through! Does it require soldering to change?

Last edited by Variac; 25th October 2012 at 06:16 AM.
Old 25th October 2012, 06:06 AM   #2484
diyAudio Editor

Still hoping someone is bringing a turntable so we can audition Bob Cordell's Phono pre that Jan Didden is bringing.
Old 25th October 2012, 06:13 AM   #2485
diyAudio Editor

and a mic pre and mic NO ONE has one? Gonna have to go to Guitar center, which will be painful because I'd rather make one myself later..
Old 25th October 2012, 06:15 AM   #2486
diyAudio Editor

For anyone who hasn't posted here with what they'll bring, just bring what you've made, and find a place to display it and we'll try to rotate it in. The best part of BA is all the varied components!
Old 25th October 2012, 01:34 PM   #2487
diyAudio Member

Quote:
and a mic pre and mic NO ONE has one? Gonna have to go to Guitar center, which will be painful because I'd rather make one myself later..
I missed the call. I am happy to bring a E-MU U0404 (stand alone and/or usb). Has phantom power, and balanced or 1/4" inputs.

Is the mic for sound reenforcement or measuring?

I am pretty sure I have a musician's mic: left to me when a musician friend left town.

And I can borrow an EMM-6 Dayton measuring mic from work. I haven't used it yet, but I could test it in the mean time.

Last edited by benchtester; 25th October 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 25th October 2012, 02:14 PM   #2488
diyAudio Member

The Peerless 850443 woofer raffle prizes are now even better!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to the support of the folks at Madisound Speaker Components Inc, the winners of the raffle of the pairs of woofers for the mini-monitor shown above will have the option to contact Madisound to purchase a kit consisting of a pair of the tweeters and a pair of assembled crossovers for only $99! It's everything you need to build these great speakers except the cabinet, binding posts and some internal wire.

A BIG thanks goes out to Adam at Madisound for his help putting together this Burning Amp special deal!
Click the image to open in full size.

-Charlie
Old 26th October 2012, 05:59 AM   #2489
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchtester View Post
I missed the call. I am happy to bring a E-MU U0404 (stand alone and/or usb). Has phantom power, and balanced or 1/4" inputs.

Is the mic for sound reenforcement or measuring?

I am pretty sure I have a musician's mic: left to me when a musician friend left town.

And I can borrow an EMM-6 Dayton measuring mic from work. I haven't used it yet, but I could test it in the mean time.
Strange, I can't edit the post.

I am getting a too much hum right now. I can keep working on it, but it may be better if someone more experienced with microphones steps up.
Old 26th October 2012, 06:49 AM   #2490
RePeter is offline RePeter  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Would an "M-Audio Firewire 410" do ?

Hide this!Advertise here!