The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening - Page 211 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd November 2010, 08:27 PM   #2101
Vix is offline Vix  Yugoslavia
diyAudio Member

And I wanted to see Papa on video...something like distant learning, you know...

p.s. Jan, it seems that wives at BAF didn't mind the size of those speakers. I wonder how...
Old 2nd November 2010, 08:31 PM   #2102
Variac is online now Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

I started a thread here:

PowerPhysics Amps as from Burning Amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR2 View Post
Paul, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the show. More than anything it makes me very happy the great donations from PowerPhysics went into the right hands, to someone who is going to puts it to use. I will be getting some more info from them regarding the amps wiring and specifications, and I will be happy to share that with you. I will start a thread at ClassD forum, where I will post all the info, for anyone. It will be great if you would document your work and findings there.

Best
AR2
Old 2nd November 2010, 08:37 PM   #2103
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Jason reminds me of Richard from LOST in a way. The ageless ''others'' leader.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 449px-Lost-Richard_06.jpg (39.3 KB, 401 views)
Old 2nd November 2010, 09:49 PM   #2104
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vix View Post
And I wanted to see Papa on video...something like distant learning, you know...

p.s. Jan, it seems that wives at BAF didn't mind the size of those speakers. I wonder how...
Linear Systems guys, I believe it was Mr. Kirkwood's son, (I apologize if I am wrong) recorded all the speeches. Once they have it available we will post to the site. As far as I am aware they recorded pretty much every lecture, and I will be happy to post them on BAF site, once I receive it.

While we are talking about Linear Systems, I have to thank them for all they did for us. They printed our event staff shirts, they recorded the event, they built their new diy jFet amp and presented it during the show and Mr. Kirkwood hosted an outstanding lecture! On the top of that, they had a full team including their President at the show. I do not think that diy community could ever complain again that it doesn't have enough attention. With that they will be selling N and their new P small jFets to individuals. My sincere thank you goes to the whole Linear Systems team!

Video is different beast from photography, and editing takes and needs some time, in order to look decent. So give it some time and you will have it. In the meantime, I would encourage everyone to post their photos on BAF site.
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:41 PM   #2105
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
a full team including their President at the show.
Mr John H Minuteman Hall.
Who's picture is appreciated by the one and only A-S-S (audio spotter society)
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:11 AM   #2106
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vix View Post

No they didn't mind them at BAF, as long as they stayed there

jan didden
Old 3rd November 2010, 02:32 AM   #2107
kzim229 is offline kzim229  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
I agree with several of the other commentators that the lectures from Nelson Pass and Siegfried Linkwitz were high points of the day. Nelson in particular shared a few interesting tidbits. ]
+1 ... But I also enjoyed Kirkwood's presentation.
The event was definitely worth the drive up from So Cal.
Many thanks to the organizers as well as the presenters.
And I got the t-shirt -- woohoo!
Old 3rd November 2010, 06:28 PM   #2108
Variac is online now Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Well said Vladimir, I agree. Linear Systems came through for us in a big way.

As far as video, it is indeed being cleaned up for posting.

Apparently Siegfried Linkwitz's talk was a bit truncated, but I saw his wife recording the audio, so we can eventually add the audio track to the end of the video so that nothing will be missed.

Quote:
Linear Systems guys, I believe it was Mr. Kirkwood's son, (I apologize if I am wrong) recorded all the speeches. Once they have it available we will post to the site. As far as I am aware they recorded pretty much every lecture, and I will be happy to post them on BAF site, once I receive it.

While we are talking about Linear Systems, I have to thank them for all they did for us. They printed our event staff shirts, they recorded the event, they built their new diy jFet amp and presented it during the show and Mr. Kirkwood hosted an outstanding lecture! On the top of that, they had a full team including their President at the show. I do not think that diy community could ever complain again that it doesn't have enough attention. With that they will be selling N and their new P small jFets to individuals. My sincere thank you goes to the whole Linear Systems team!

Video is different beast from photography, and editing takes and needs some time, in order to look decent. So give it some time and you will have it. In the meantime, I would encourage everyone to post their photos on BAF site.
Old 4th November 2010, 08:31 PM   #2109
paul n is offline paul n  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Video Update

The video is being edited and transferred as we speak. They expect to get it back to me by Tuesday, after which we can transfer it to you for posting on your website.

Sincerely,

Paul Norton
Linear Systems
Old 4th November 2010, 08:54 PM   #2110
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul n View Post
The video is being edited and transferred as we speak. They expect to get it back to me by Tuesday, after which we can transfer it to you for posting on your website.

Sincerely,

Paul Norton
Linear Systems
Thank you Paul!

Hide this!Advertise here!