The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening - Page 104 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th August 2008, 03:47 AM   #1031
diyAudio Member

Default Oh well....!

After seeing more posts on participation I change my position a bit from what I said on my PM's.
I'm registering but cannot confirm actual participation ( due to issues explained earlier!) until the nth hour. I'll have to see how that will affect the ticketing !

I really do hope that things will work out fine as October approaches. I might want to attend the RMAF also. Can I join in with a group going there ?
Cheers ,
Ashok.
Old 4th August 2008, 05:20 AM   #1032
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

...is there any chance we could persuade Mr. John Curl to attend? I'd be happy to chauffeur (I'd take the long way - over the Richmond Bridge just for more 1on1)

BAF07 was such a great confluence of brilliant minds, I'm really looking forward to this years event. Thank you SY, AR2 & Variac!
Old 4th August 2008, 06:50 AM   #1033
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Default Re: Oh well....!

Quote:
Originally posted by ashok
After seeing more posts on participation I change my position a bit from what I said on my PM's.
I'm registering but cannot confirm actual participation ( due to issues explained earlier!) until the nth hour. I'll have to see how that will affect the ticketing !
Hello Ashok, we appreciate it any way. It will be great if you could make it. If not, we hope there will be always next year. Your effort to take such a long trip is huge encouragement and compliment for us.

Quote:
Originally posted by Iain McNeill
...is there any chance we could persuade Mr. John Curl to attend? I'd be happy to chauffeur (I'd take the long way - over the Richmond Bridge just for more 1on1)
We had little bit of miscommunication last year with John. He apparently made it to the Fort Mason, but he couldn't find the event. We will definitely approach him again this year and try to organize pick up. Thank you for the offer to drive him, we will keep this in mind. Our problem last year was that we all had to be present very early and were very busy through the day... It will be definitely great to have Nelson Pass, Dr. Linkwitz and John Curl at one spot!
Old 4th August 2008, 07:00 AM   #1034
Master Burner

I already asked this before, but I will try one more time.
Last year, someone had an awesome tube amp with 6550 tubes. It sounded soooo good. Is there any chance that you guys remember who it was? In the first place it would be great if we will have a chance to hear it again, and also I would like to find out if there is schematics for that amp. It had the sweetest sound I ever heard from the amp.
Thank you
Old 4th August 2008, 07:55 AM   #1035
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Oh well....!

Quote:
Originally posted by ashok

I really do hope that things will work out fine as October approaches. I might want to attend the RMAF also. Can I join in with a group going there ?
Cheers ,
Ashok.
Ashok,

I'm also planning to go to RMAF. Would be delighted to join you and anybody else.

Jan Didden
Old 4th August 2008, 08:58 AM   #1036
diyAudio Member

Default 6550 amp

Yes, I remember it well. I think the chap's name is Doug Tuthill. Apparently, he knows a radio collector friend of mine in Pismo Beach. I can try to contact him for you.

BTW, I found these home-built tetrahedron speakers clad in copper sheet using old University 308 series 200's. Very Jules Verne. I am modifying them as a sculptural speaker system for our camp at Burning Man. Next year, tube amps for them on the playa!
Old 8th August 2008, 08:36 PM   #1037
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Jack Hidley
ACS will also be attending BA08. I'm not sure what we're bringing yet, but it will probably be something very big or very small. We will have the same test equipment that we brought last year to do linear and nonlinear driver measurments (Klippel, AP, etc).

In the spirit of "Garage cleaning" we'll be giving away Peerless 6.5" woofers to anyone that attends. The driver is an npt-11-078-1. For specs and info, go here http://home.comcast.net/~jhidley/index.html
Old 9th August 2008, 02:02 AM   #1038
diyAudio Member

" ... In the spirit of "Garage cleaning" we'll be giving away Peerless 6.5" woofers to anyone that attends. ..."

I also have some of the stuff a certain very generous gentleman gave me last time that I will bring along and add to the "donation pile" ... ... Since I can't find enough time in my life to finish other projects, maybe someone else can find a good use ...

I might suggest an exchange / contribution / "silent auction" for a "Burning Amp Festival Donations" so that we won't ever run out of hot dogs and beer ...
Old 20th August 2008, 04:06 AM   #1039
Master Burner

Hello guys,

I am back from my short vacation and I am operational. I am ready for your registrations!

I really would be happy if all that are waiting the last moment to register, do it now since that will give us more time to produce a better schedule. It will also give me more time to produce those cool name tags with your DIY audio name and your avatar. Not to forget Burning Amp buttons and magnets!

So if you would like to have these...
Old 20th August 2008, 04:11 AM   #1040
Master Burner

Default Re: 6550 amp

Quote:
Originally posted by kstlfido
Yes, I remember it well. I think the chap's name is Doug Tuthill. Apparently, he knows a radio collector friend of mine in Pismo Beach. I can try to contact him for you.

BTW, I found these home-built tetrahedron speakers clad in copper sheet using old University 308 series 200's. Very Jules Verne. I am modifying them as a sculptural speaker system for our camp at Burning Man. Next year, tube amps for them on the playa!

Thanks a lot kstlfido,

I appreciate it a lot. It will be great to hear it again and to maybe get schematic this time. It sounded so sweet, I highly recommend it to everyone to have a listen if we will have the opportunity this year.

Hide this!Advertise here!