4th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2007 - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th April 2007, 07:14 AM   #21
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

This thread started out over here...

Anyone up for a UK diyAudio Meet?

(I did leave most of the discussion of Canadian beer, the nice weather and the lovely women back there)

VI diyFEST number 4 will be held on Sat July 28 at its usual spot up on the side of Mount Finlayson on the outskirts of Victoria. BC. This is the same day as the fledgling UK diy event and the idea of having some cross-contamination leading to future events held world-wide on the same day has gotten a spark.

http://p10hifi.net/planet10/forum/iBone-mtn-map.gif

Events & attendance will likely spill over onto the day before & after as has happened in the previous years. Things typically get rolling between 10-11 in the morning.

There is lots of room to pitch a tent, or throw a sleeping bag on the deck or in the living room. Bed & breakfast can be found fairly close, and it is a lovely 20 minute drive from Victoria where a much larger selection of motels can be found.

We can also arrange to pick up people at the airport or ferry terminal(s).

I will be putting up a little web-site, i don't know if it will get as fancy as Vikash's for the UK event, but who knows.

Do let me know if you plan on attending so i can at least ensure enuff food (you have to bring your own beer, etc, and are welcome to bring your own favorite for the barbie) or if you have any special dietary requirements.

If you are allergic to cats bring your anti-histamine.

This is the link to last years event's thread 3rd Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2006

This years will be much the same but hopefully we will be even better prepared and i do expect larger attendance.

dave
Old 15th April 2007, 04:58 PM   #22
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
How many people are going to this ? What you all bringing ?

I hope to bring these And a pair of F4's

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 15th April 2007, 05:10 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Hey, I'm thinking of coming this year. How does this thing work? Are some people camping? What's a better idea, flying in and out through Victoria, or travelling through Van and staying with a friend and only coming to the big isle for Sat.? Weren't the ferries outrageously slow on the long weekend last year?
Old 15th April 2007, 05:35 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

I am going to try to make it out to the coast for this this year. There is not many people in Saskatchewan let a lone ones that build cool amps and speakers.
Old 15th April 2007, 06:54 PM   #25
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by leadbelly
I'm thinking of coming this year. How does this thing work? Are some people camping? What's a better idea, flying in and out through Victoria, or travelling through Van and staying with a friend and only coming to the big isle for Sat.? Weren't the ferries outrageously slow on the long weekend last year?
It works however it works This has been a typically very informal event...

The last couple years Scott has at least camped. More people just brought a roll up foamy (or in Cal's case, his own air bed), and crash on the deck (front (covered) or back (uncovered)) or the living room floor... we have an odd one we can dig up as well.

If you can get to the airport (i'm thinking there is still a direct flight from Calgary) or onto the ferry (there is never a problem if you are a foot passenger) we can get you at this end.

As the event draws nearer i'm sure some car-pooling from Vancouver could be happening, with guys from the lower mainland & up from WA state. Car-pooling can be as simple as meeting someone on the ferry...

dave
Old 15th April 2007, 06:55 PM   #26
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by davidallancole
There is not many people in Saskatchewan let a lone ones that build cool amps and speakers.
You might be surprised It would be great to see a larger contingent from far away places.

dave
Old 15th April 2007, 08:13 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10
It works however it works This has been a typically very informal event...
OK, thanks for all the info Dave. I'll start talking to my buddy, keeping my eye on the seat sales, and see what falls into place. If it works out, I'd like to spend a 2nd day sightseeing. And if you still have a couple of those Sony OPT's left I'll try to wrangle them off you in person.
Old 16th April 2007, 07:57 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Hi Leadbelly,

If you can't get to Victoria, see what seats are available to Abbotsford on Westjet. I might be able to grab you on the way in
Old 16th April 2007, 08:03 AM   #29
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Geek
Hi Leadbelly,

If you can't get to Victoria, see what seats are available to Abbotsford on Westjet. I might be able to grab you on the way in

waste a pint or two for me

edit........seems that I'm just repeating my self.........
Old 17th April 2007, 01:31 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Geek
Hi Leadbelly,

Wow, thanks for the offer! I'll see what works out, it's good to have lead time to find cheap seats

Hide this!Advertise here!