3rd Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2006

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
3rd Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST

Attention Cascadians (and anyone else who'll be on the Left Coast early Aug)

This year's Vancouver Island diyFEST will be Saturday August 5 up the Mountain.

With luck it will be sunny again this year and we can have systems inside & outside.

Nutrients will be supplied and with 4.4 acres there is room to camp (inside or out).

Cal... there is now a cover over your spot on the front deck.

For those off the island we'll see what car pooling (or pickup at the ferry) can be arranged.

dave

Dave & All,

Sounds good, I'm planning to attend and hopefully bring a couple of Audio devices. Not sure what as of yet, depends on how much progress I'm able to make between now and then :^)
I'll bring my tent and sleepingbag if that's OK and set up Fort Olson on Planet 10.

For anybody that has never been there, Vancouver Island has just got to be one of the most beautiful spots in N. America (or anywhere else, IMNSHO).

The inhabitants, however, don't seem to be like any I've ever met. Talented, unassuming and goodnatured, these people cause me to be concerned, but I didn't become the Grand Master of Yuppiness for nothing and will attempt to instill in them a sense of the opulent arrogance that I have honed to a fine edge!
Wait until they see my diamond incrusted Sennheiser headphones with matching Cumberbund and Spats!!!

Yours Truely,
Glitteronimo Poshington IV

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
TerryO said:
I didn't become the Grand Master of Yuppiness for nothing and will attempt to instill in them a sense of the opulent arrogance that I have honed to a fine edge!

Anyone who has met Terry will know how funny this is, sinc Terry is soooo far from the picture this paints....

Tent & sleeping bag are cool... i'm also going to see if i can find our tent so thee is a spare.

dave

dangus said:
Cool... for once I spotted this announcement BEFORE the event. I'm not sure what I'd bring, though... maybe just a DIY Contrabass.

Or, maybe not, since this happens to be the same weekend as the Victoria Electronic Music Festival:
http://www.2006.vemf.ca/

Hope to see you there :)

J'

Hi Dave,

I just placed an order for Hurdy Gurdy Dave's updated xover for the SI's. (poor Bob is Paypal less, we've got to get this guy hooked up).

I'm hoping to convince Bob to bring his whole Bottlehead system, Paramount's, Foreplay III, and Seduction, and possibly have Chris donate the use of his Rega P3/Audionote table.

I think this would be a rocking system for outside. :bigeyes:

Even Cal (we don't need no girly speakers) would be impressed. Just kidding of course. ;)

Looking forward to the event!

Frank

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is the map, for those who haven't been or can't remember

dave

Attachments

• ibone-mtn-map.gif
    ibone-mtn-map.gif
    66 KB · Views: 407
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.