Columbus DIY Audio Club

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Don't really have any projects to mention, but as far as a meeting place goes, the Columbus Idea Foundry down near COSI would be a good place for general meetings, and constructing projects in wood, metal, and electronics. It's a membership place, but have classes in shop techniques that are open to non-members. Also a good place if someone wants to launch a class in either project techniques or construction of a specific thing -- amp, speaker, etc.

It may not be the best environment for general listening parties, as it's an operating shop with both machine noises and garage-like acoustics.

Chip

Hello, I live by campus. I have a Jolida tube amp in need of repair, which I'd like help with. Would be happy to loan it/help with something else/and or barter in exchange for help fixing it.

I have about three or four different speakers I'm working on in a wide range of varieties, a few pairs of completed speakers, and an unreasonably large hoard of woofers/midranges/tweeters on my shelves thinking I might use them "some day".

I've got a garage with table saw / drill press / miter saw / nail guns etc. And I've got measurement gear, cheap Chinese amp without a case and a decent receiver, but I do not have a good "pro" style amp yet, which I've been wanting to get for ages. I've been eyeing the Berhinger iNuke amps as they seem to be a good value.

Oh, and I like to try just about every "highly rated" craft beer ever made at a rate of about 1 bottle per day.

Before I moved here to Columbus I was living in Brooklyn and working at Ohm Acoustics, since then (2003) I've really missed collaboration - I just don't work so well on my own, unless I'm working for somebody else. Part of it is having other things to do and just not getting to speakers without those blocks of time planned to work with another person, so, I started this thread hoping to find a person/group/place where these activities would really be appreciated and we could be mutually beneficial, or at least have fun building/listening/testing/comparing speakers and hopefully, eventually, make some speakers that really sound great and not just "OK" which is my opinion of all the best "DIY" speakers I've heard at the various events I've gone to such as Midwest Audio Fest or INDIYana.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.