2nd Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2005

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is a map. Any questions?

I'm going to have Salmon (making amends for being surprised by the no-meat eaters from Seattle) & chicken wings, but i expect most will bring their own hunk of flesh for the Barbie... (knudge, knudge, wink, wink...)

dave

Attachments

• ibone-mtn-map.gif
    ibone-mtn-map.gif
    66 KB · Views: 390
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'm surprised no one beat me to posting pics... it took me a day of being a Zombie to (mostly) recover from the energy getting ready for the event, and for the event itself. I only ended up getting pictures of some of the stuff the next morning, so i'll start by posting a batch of Jason's photos (edited & cleaned up). This set only just touches on a few points & i hope to see more posted from Brent, Tim, & Cal to fill in the holes.

1st up... the event was dominated by speakers (as is usually the case). And there were a few. At least 22 different pairs. A couple pics to get the feel.

dave

Attachments

• many-speakers-1.jpg
    many-speakers-1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 434
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Scott's GM ML-TL, with WR125 & the Al Wooley (RAW) ribbon tweeter. preliminary XO.

The ribbon is quite a bit more sensitive than the mid-bass so tweeters were a lot hot with just a 2 uF cap. Still showed some serious potential. Later we swapped in a 1 uF cap. Still hot but if you scrunched down off axis these really started to shine. The GM box is probably tuned to low so the box will be modified (more on the low end of the WRs & FRs in some later discourse)

Also shown here is the modest Scottish CD player loaned to us by Sound Hounds for the event (a stelalr achiever, but hard to justify that for the sales tax on it you could buy 2 of the Jolidas.

Attachments

• ribbon-linn.jpg
    ribbon-linn.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 244
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.