Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

"The Puget Sound DIY Speaker Contest"
"The Puget Sound DIY Speaker Contest"
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2018, 03:18 AM   #11
olsond3 is offline olsond3  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Members of the human race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susaneo View Post
Hi, just wondering if there are any entry requirements for the DYI speaker contest? We're thinking of driving up from Oregon to enter. Do we need to be members of (?)
Since Terry hasn't replied yet, I'll say nothing to join. I wasn't a member of anything last time I entered. If you like building speakers, you have found your people.
Old 29th June 2018, 06:04 PM   #12
TerryO is offline TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susaneo View Post
Hi, just wondering if there are any entry requirements for the DYI speaker contest? We're thinking of driving up from Oregon to enter. Do we need to be members of (?)
Hi,
There really isn't too much required other than a entry fee (that helps pay for the venue). Please note that if you use a crossover, it must be a passive configuration, as active crossovers aren't allowed.

Other than that, it's pretty simple.

Hope to see you there!
TerryO
Old 10th July 2018, 07:44 PM   #13
Dave R is offline Dave R  United States
diyAudio Member

Progress toward my speaker contest entry is . . . well . . . progressing.

The balance of the parts that I still need should arrive today. I have a little more sawdust to make, some more measurements, etc. So far so good (all ten thumbs are intact). If everything continues like this, I should be ready in time for the event.

Looking forward to seeing other creations at the contest.

Last edited by Dave R; 10th July 2018 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11th July 2018, 03:25 AM   #14
chrisb is online now chrisb
diyAudio Member

So Dave, assuming you have time to complete the initial build - and possibly tweak based upon feedback that weekend, might you be having room in the limousine shared with TO and his bodyguard / entourage to unleash these upon the sullied masses at Daveís event two weeks hence their debut?

Other than Daveís considerably revamped front-end/ amplification components, I think weíve got only one new shiny thing to present. Well, actually considering the putative dead flat finish on the plastic laminate used; guess what, thatís harder to implement and fabricate with than you might imagine- but still a forking lot less work, and likely durable? than paint - not so shiny after all (except for the cones on the Eikonas)
Apologies for the run-on sentences, but even with 6 or more hours of sleep ( I wish) - thatís just the way my brain percolates.
Old 11th July 2018, 01:15 PM   #15
Dave R is offline Dave R  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
So Dave, assuming you have time to complete the initial build - and possibly tweak based upon feedback that weekend, might you be having room in the limousine shared with TO and his bodyguard / entourage to unleash these upon the sullied masses at Daveís event two weeks hence their debut?
Yes, I plan on bringing them to Vancouver Island to unleash the havoc they may bring.

I'm working with only the finest particle board and drywall screws that can be found, for convenient breakdown and transportation. Hopefully the bodyguard won't mind the additional duties to keep an eye on the extra cargo.

Note to self: remember to bring screw gun.
Old 14th July 2018, 12:16 AM   #16
nerdorama is offline nerdorama  United States
diyAudio Member

The bodyguard has no problem hauling but might give it away at the border if I can't keep a straight face.
Old 17th July 2018, 05:47 PM   #17
olsond3 is offline olsond3  United States
diyAudio Member

Default The smell of fresh sawdust in the morning

My buddy Howard with his big van helped me acquire a fresh sheet of Appleply plywood and he even cut it up. One sheet yielded two new 50 Liter woofer boxes, and I finally got them glued up yesterday. Glue dries fast in a 90 deg garage. With this plywood the 50 Liter box seems to weigh as almost as much as the 70 liter box I built last time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50LiterBoxA.jpg (228.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 50LiterBoxB.jpg (120.1 KB, 18 views)

"The Puget Sound DIY Speaker Contest"Hide this!Advertise here!