What are you bringing to Burning Amp 2017?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been working on the active Charlita OB loudspeaker I am bringing. Paired with that is a "multi-pattern" subwoofer system that changes from monopole to cardioid to dipole between 20Hz and 200Hz where it is crossed over to the Charlita OBs. I'm really happy with the sound. Hope you will stop by for a listen.

I will be demoing the systeming using my Linux USB Preamp project, although as of today it is still without any kind of case. That might just have to do... function before form I guess!

Attachments

• IMG_2970.JPG
    IMG_2970.JPG
    515.6 KB · Views: 4,657
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Speakers for you Amp builders!

I will be bringing two sets of speakers to BAF17:

Metronome Fostex 127E, tried and true. This will be there 3rd trip to Burning Amp where they have gotten good reviews in the past, and

Metronome Tribute for Alpair 10.3M, brand new and my own design. This is my first crack at using the Leonard Audio Transmission Line software.

Attachments

• IMG_3320.jpg
    IMG_3320.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_3321.jpg
    IMG_3321.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_3322.jpg
    IMG_3322.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 417
What am I bringing to Burning AMP?

I am hauling a pair of Andy Fuchs Black Bastards. I built these myself way back when. Indeed, They were before their time in the late 80s early 90s. Dynaco Mk III based. Black Chrome Chassis, Cardas Wire, Hypereutonic (sp)? solder etc, etc. Andy personally stuffed the boards. Also I am on a personal quest for a technician familiar with the Mk III circuit to re-cap the beasts. 4 way can and biasing caps should do it. although there are some other electrolitics. I welcome any leads on a local decent priced tech not afraid of high voltage. I have Andy's contact info along with cap values and he is wonderful to work with should you require additional contact with the wizard.....Tooo bad he could not include a decent Schematic with the kit. All decently priced techs PM me before the event maybe we can work out at deal. I really need these amps back in my system pronto. They are pure magic!!!

Amps are coming together -

1) "Amp Cramp" low power class A.

2) "Le Mutant" ~20W/channel class A, and its lineal AB descendant -

3) "Mirror Magic", an AB amp using the "Le Mutant" as front end and VAS and adding biasing and latter source follower outputs.

Also in the mix will be my Tri-Trix speaker, a preamp and some sources.

I've gotten most of the way through a new amplification chain, so I'll be bringing them up working. I can bring a complete DIY system, but look to your advice on redundancy.

The two new items are:

1) A preamp based on the Neurochrome THAT Driver. This accepts three single ended inputs and output balanced signal because:

2) The new power amp is a bridged ACA, that needs the balanced input to accomplish the bridging.

I will also bring a Raspberry Pi 2B with an Allo Boss DAC running Moode. This has the music files written to the SD card that serves as the boot device. Very convenient for portability.

I can also bring some older DIY Studio 1Pi speakers. My Altec open baffles are a bit too much for me to haul up and back, at least this year. The Altecs are the reason for the bridged amp, since they are 16 ohm drivers. The 8 ohm Pi speakers work fine on the bridged amp. Should someone want to partner providing speakers, I'm open to that.

Looking forward to Sunday!

Skip

Hello All:

Linear Integrated Systems will be shooting our walk around video taping between the hours of 9:00am and 11:00am. We have a new video person who will be using a tripod and a wireless lapel microphone to conduct the interview. In the past our video quality was lacking, which we are trying to correct this time around.

We will be working one room at a time, the presenters will be asked to provide their name, where they are from, and a brief description of what they have brought. It would be helpful if the other folks in the room, keep the sound down during our interviews to provide a better quality video. Hopefully we can get video everyone, with everyone's cooperation and assistance. See you on Sunday :)

Any questions or concerns, let me know.:)

Sincerely,

Paul Norton
Marketing Manager
Linear Integrated Systems (Linear Systems)

I'll bring my Midget Horns (Fane 12" + ESS tweeters), a pair of 20B/1605 Sakuma style monos, a Violectric V800 DAC, a vintage (white polycarbonate) MacBook, a soldering station ...
Besides the soldering station everything runs on 230V. So I'll bring a transformer, too :)

First Time Attendee Bring Raspberry Pi Running Mopidy

I am flying in to attend BAF for the first time. I will be bringing my work-in-progress Raspberry Pi server/streamer. The plan was for it to stream Google Play but that has been unreliable. I am having minor success with Spotify.

It is current running Mopidy (the only MPD client I could find that supports Google Play) but I am exploring others. Any recommendations would be welcome.

Anyway, let me know where to land it.
CBH

Attachments

• cbh_pi_server_front.jpg
    cbh_pi_server_front.jpg
    916.8 KB · Views: 271
  • cbh_pi_server_rear.jpg
    cbh_pi_server_rear.jpg
    945.7 KB · Views: 274
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.