Burning Amp 2017: SUN NOV 12, San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All:

Linear Integrated Systems (Linear Systems) will be exhibiting this year. We will have literature and information about some our our new and future products as well our new smaller smt packages. We will also be displaying the latest revision of the Dimitri Danyuk headphone amplifier which includes LIS JFETs, featured in the October Audio Xpress.

See you at the show!!!:)

Sincerely,

Paul Norton
Marketing Manager
Linear Integrated Systems

Paul, it would be really great also if we could find a way to buy LS fets through the large distributors (digikey/mouser and rs/farnell). For all the wonderful work that you do, the limited distribution is a real turnoff.

I have been informed that we have 4 rooms, not 3. This means that there
is more opportunity to spread out the demos of diy stuff.

Probably I should think about bringing an additional source unless someone
wants to commit to doing that.

my sources are DACs. budget dacs but I think they are acceptable (cs4398 based; can do 24/192k via coax-in).

I have at least 3 of those that I built and I can bring them if people want to try them out. they are based on this easily-buyable board:

Amazon.com: SMAKN(R) 1PC CS8416+CS4398 24BIT/192K Coaxial DAC Decoder Board Assembled: Home Audio & Theater

on some of them, I have xmos-chip based usb UAC2 boards (from ebay):

NEWEST XMOS U8 USB 384K 32B I2S SPDIF output,support DSD for es9018 DAC | eBay

(photo is an early version; but current one is similar).

if people have laptops that are windows or linux, we can connect your laptop to this dac to be a 'source' (for some reason, macOS has problems with this usb/spdif board; sometimes it works, sometimes not, and I am not a mac person so I can't help with that).

I like that the usb and dac boards are cheap and easy to buy. all I did was put a chassis around them.

so, let me know if you guys need/want any of those in your demo rooms. and let me know if you prefer spdif or usb; most of mine are usb but I can bypass it and make it spdif/coax for those that need that format.

Attachments

• 31520511466_104c8c116e_c.jpg
    31520511466_104c8c116e_c.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 405
I have been informed that we have 4 rooms, not 3. This means that there
is more opportunity to spread out the demos of diy stuff.

Probably I should think about bringing an additional source unless someone
wants to commit to doing that.
Hi Nelson,
as posted in the other thread, I will bring my Violectric V800 DAC and some kind of a laptop with some music on it as a source too. So I will bring a full chain and swapping what ever will be possible.
I have problems with my DIY turntable's drive (flutter is inacceptable for me). So I will most probably leave it at home. Except, I get it up running the next two days.

Best regards
Falk

Status
Not open for further replies.