Burning Amp 2017: SUN NOV 12, San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the responses every one.

The b1 triode sounds interesting. Just joined (been lurking for over a year) and never used a soldering iron, so I was hopeful I could start my first project with some help. Regardless Im excited for this event more than the la audio and anaheim audio show.

We will be selling tee shirts this year for $15 featuring a new burning hot volume knob design (see attached) on a med-grey high quality cotton tee. Make sure to pick one up when you buy your entry ticket.

Also, please remember to bring cash to cover all outlays. If you forget, there is an ATM at the Safeway one block away from when you drive in.

Attachments

• BA2017 t-shirt design.png
    BA2017 t-shirt design.png
    301 KB · Views: 393
We have some info on the great lineup of talks/lectures/presentations that will be given this year:

TALKS GIVEN BY INVITED SPEAKERS:

There are four talks throughout the day and will be held at the Firehouse. A link to the schedule is available on the burningamp.org Home page:
The official BurningAmp web site

Nelson Pass will be talking about his new amplifiers which diyAudio will sell as kits and should have them to demo alongf with tons of other cool stuff including the awesome SAL speakers in his audition rooms

Siegfried Linkwitz will give a presentation on audio perception, and demo his acclaimed LX series open baffle speakers in his audition room.

Demian Martin will demonstrate the only existing sample in the U.S. of a new precision measurement interface for computers which has unheard of performance per dollar and also a device designed by Jan Didden that automatically sets the input voltage to your computer interface to 1 volt to get the best measurements and not blow it up! He will have them on display at a table in the Firehouse and may do some tests of amps for people to demonstrate them

Wayne Colburn from Pass Labs will be about his new headphone amp design and the PCB’s he can supply for them and how he approaches some common circuit design issues. He will also have a table in the Firehouse where you can listen to it. Bring your own headphones for the most meaningful experience!

The talks are throughout the day and will be held at the Firehouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is everybody bringing?

I will be bringing a pair of 13EM7 monobloks, Bottlehead Quickie-battery powered preamp, Marantz CD player and a pair of speakers-haven't decided which yet. For backup gear my SEX 2.1 amp and a Foreplay preamp. I will also bring my semi famous chocolate chip cookies.

I am requesting to be placed in a small room.

Cary
Bottlehead Ambassador

Last edited:
Hey Charlie- is there gonna be a table or something for freebies? I don't remember seeing it last year like I have in the past. I've got some drivers, audio magazines and other various things. I also have some things for the raffle but this is stuff probably not valuable enough for the raffle but still probably useful to someone.

What is everybody bringing?

I will be bringing a pair of 13EM7 monobloks, Bottlehead Quickie-battery powered preamp, Marantz CD player and a pair of speakers-haven't decided which yet. For backup gear my SEX 2.1 amp and a Foreplay preamp. I will also bring my semi famous chocolate chip cookies.

I am requesting to be placed in a small room.

Cary
Bottlehead Ambassador
Hi Cary,

Looking forward to seeing you at BA. I just started a new thread for people to post what gear they are bringing. Can you please repost there? Thanks!

-Charlie

Hey Charlie- is there gonna be a table or something for freebies? I don't remember seeing it last year like I have in the past. I've got some drivers, audio magazines and other various things. I also have some things for the raffle but this is stuff probably not valuable enough for the raffle but still probably useful to someone.

Hmmm, we don't normally have a freebies area. You could put them in the raffle donation area and label them FREE.

We want to encourage people to bring their DIY audio projects and show them in the demo rooms, so this year we are offering the following deal:
EVERYONE WHO BRINGS ONE OR MORE DIY PROJECTS TO SHOW IN THE DEMO ROOMS WILL GET FREE ADMISSION!

There will be one or two systems specifically set up for swapping diy gear and loudspeakers in and out. More information on this will be coming soon.

So get those projects ready!

Especially LOUDSPEAKERS!!!

@ BAF 2017 Stuff Team

Could be possible bring remote control or small computer in proximity for quick and handy slides display ?
Save precious time, talk flow is more relaxing without frequent breaks:
" Another slide please " etc. Was great made at BAF2015 and video recorded sound was clean as well.
Wireless microphones BAF 2016 interactions give some ssszzzz noise ?

Photo with Mr Nelson Pass at the Talk show.
Best regards :)

Attachments

• F2A2772F-ACFB-4FC4-B68A-E5693B2D63F3.JPG
    F2A2772F-ACFB-4FC4-B68A-E5693B2D63F3.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 360
  • 46821326-12A4-48DC-B213-06E097D06E1E.JPG
    46821326-12A4-48DC-B213-06E097D06E1E.JPG
    524.7 KB · Views: 363

Attachments

• 2582E87A-B783-41E9-A23B-D8BF071301B9.JPG
    2582E87A-B783-41E9-A23B-D8BF071301B9.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 349