Burning Amp 2017: SUN NOV 12, San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to thank Mark and Charlie for putting on the show!

Also would like to thank everybody I shared the room with. Before the show started we all got together and decided to schedule our presentations. Every fifteen minutes a new presentation was given. It work out very well, everybody got a chance to demo their systems four times, at the end we had a mix and match session. We had a great mix of equipment, Econowave speakers, self powered speakers, diy speakers, horn speakers, SS mega power amps, tube SET amps, you name it. Fun time was had by all!

Cary

Last edited:
This small speakers surprised me, caused kind of cognitive dissonance: they were playing very clean and powerful bass, but no huge woofers were visible! :)

burningamp2017-01.jpg

getting there early the key!!

I am so glad we got there early with the Blue Odd Watt and the Scott 222c. We me Dave from Gilroy in the parking lot and in true DIY fashion helped him unload his horn speakers and move them up to the show rooms and of course non of us had any demo material, speaker wires nor a pre to control it all.

Of course Nelson pass to the recuse with everything we needed and the B1 pre!!

I was running over to a hardware store when I got a stand down call that Nelson saved the day.

We the three of us from Audiophiles of AT&T had an amazing time and everyone was just so friendly.

But back too getting there early...that place is crazy with people and thigns to do. all the stores and food markers and a huge craft fair. So glad we got there early and got great parking.

Big thank you to Cary for organizing our demo room times and his chocolate chip cookies!!

Dave love your speakers!! True DIY and the history of being the last pair....

I would like to thank everyone at this event. Everyone was very pleasant and information was abound. I especially like to thank those individuals that encouraged the auditioning of different amps, including my own.
My amp was very under powered, barely drove the speakers with any volume, but it is a SET amp 6L6...its no powerhouse by any means. I will be going next year and go for volunteer and a full stay...and maybe bring something with more power.
Thanks again everyone!

Got a pair of these little full range drivers from the raffle (thank you green sweater guy for the extra ticket!). Can't seem to find any info on them from the numbers on the back, anyone have any idea who donated them/what they are? They sound quite nice, thinking of doing an open baffle or something with them.

9NfrsBS.jpg

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Got a pair of these little full range drivers...Can’t seem to find any info on them from the numbers on the back, anyone have any idea who donated them/what they are?

Picture from the front?

From the label i’d guess a prototype. Nearest i can get on the logo is Tonegen, but (from what Google says) that would make them near 30 years old at least.

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.