Burning Amp 2017: SUN NOV 12, San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will bring my PA, I am replacing drivers in line arrays currently.

Also, I will use a SE amp for PA this time! Let it be really burning! :)

I'll bring some CD player to play some music on PA between lectures. :)

Here is the amp...

Attachments

• gubernator.jpg
    gubernator.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
We have a date for Burning Amp 2017: Sunday, November 12.

The event will run from around 9am until 7pm, giving everyone a few extra hours together compared to last year. We will again have tech/design talks in the Firehouse, given by Nelson Pass and another TBD speaker.

With the date set, we are hoping for more volunteers to come forward so that other aspects of the event (like a catered lunch and the raffle) can be held. Without volunteers for these, they will not happen. Please think about giving a few hours of your time to take on these responsibilities!

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'll take on the Audio Systems Analist role. Which means I ask what equipment is coming, and post here with what components are in each room and are to be combined. Obviously some people will want to bring almost complete systems and we can probably accommodate that. Also sometime we need additional sources and require non-DIY components for this, such as CD players, but we're expecting DIY turntables and file servers.

Of course some components might not be completely functional and we love to have those on display also.

Last edited:
Wow, I just found out about this thread. I don't know how I managed to miss it. Based on discussions in the other thread I thought there wasn't going to be a BAF this year but I'm glad it's on!

Good thing it's in November too, because I will be traveling for a couple of weeks in October.

I have been super swamped this year so I haven't built anything new. I am not sure what gear to bring this year. For sure it will be something lighter and smaller (that means not the CBT36 line arrays or the β24 power amp because transporting them took heroic efforts). I will post what to bring after I figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.