2017 PNW DIY Show

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

The meet is scheduled for August 26th starting at 10am for the public. (If you have items to display, setup starts at 9:30am or so). We ask all interested parties that have gear they would like to show to let us know ASAP, in order to know how many tables, etc. we will need. If you bring bookshelf speakers, you may want to bring speaker stands from home. Hope to see you there!

Best Regards,
Terry Olson

Hi Terry,

How long is the event scheduled to last? I'll be bringing a small set of book shelf speakers, will amps be provided?

Hi Terry,

How long is the event scheduled to last? I'll be bringing a small set of book shelf speakers, will amps be provided?

Usually the event lasts from about 9:30 (set-up time) until about .....4:30 pm or so.

We don't provide amps, so you'll have to ask anyone with an amp if you can hook up to their equipment. Some people will be bringing only amps and preamps, so it usually works out fairly well.

See you on Saturday, :D
TerryO

A few pictures of the fun

Due to indecision and procrastination, I was only able to bring a stack of modules, rather than a completed design. Fortunately after an hour of connecting wires and cursing at software (canceling an update of JRiver mid-update can make you sad), decent sound came out of my 4-way active crossover system. Without a proper baffle it was Ok but not great. Managed to get a MiniDSP 2x4 HD working in each speaker linked to the laptop via Toslink. Optical speaker cables baby!
I too was lucky to get ten minutes in the center chair of the "Beyond the Ariel" room and was blown away :worship: by the sound with the new horns installed. Something about the radiation pattern produced a wrap around sound field almost as if the room was a big pair of head phones. I also really liked the wild and beautiful shape of Geoff's 3-D printed stand mount speakers (sorry no photo) I was hoping he would bring the towers out, but he isn't quite that crazy. I didn't get pic's of Gary's setup, but here a few from the other rooms.

Attachments

• IMG_20170826_145135911.jpg
    IMG_20170826_145135911.jpg
    763.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20170826_145154676.jpg
    IMG_20170826_145154676.jpg
    722.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20170826_145146125.jpg
    IMG_20170826_145146125.jpg
    564.9 KB · Views: 175
No, I didn't ever get to it. The other horns had the Radian 745NeoBe drivers. Might have been interesting, but I wasn't able to get the system dialed in well enough during the event to inspire further experiments. Come over sometime and we can run the comparison with my system in its natural habitat.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.