Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

2017 PNW DIY Show
2017 PNW DIY Show
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd July 2017, 05:00 PM   #11
TerryO is offline TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
great, I'll bring my (completed) system, and maybe a few odds and ends that never got air time here.

Thanks for the reply.
Wow! That would be neat Dave! Dave's DIY system has undergone a number of significant changes and upgrades.

Best Regards,
Terry
Old 3rd July 2017, 05:15 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3dahl View Post
I will bring my revised "Beyond the Ariel" speaker system, the recently-completed Pimm Solid State Tabor amp, and a source setup (MacMini/Audirvana/exaSound dac).

I had been waiting to see if Gary was going to commit to bringing his whole system. He has related that his system has had a number of significant changes, upgrades or modifications from what we've seen before. Building
Audio is Gary's method of relaxation when he's not teaching music or Conducting an Orchestra.

Best Regards,
Terry
Old 3rd July 2017, 05:19 PM   #13
olsond3 is offline olsond3  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Baffled by ring of domes

Here is a taste of what I've been working on. If I can figure out how to make it sound good, I will pull the trigger. Here is the drawing for a ring shaped baffle to hold many 2" Aurasound drivers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RingBaffle.jpg (448.4 KB, 151 views)
Old 3rd July 2017, 05:27 PM   #14
Dave R is offline Dave R  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I will bring my revised "Beyond the Ariel" speaker system, the recently-completed Pimm Solid State Tabor amp, and a source setup (MacMini/Audirvana/exaSound dac).
That should be a real treat! Anxious to hear it all with the new amp.
Old 3rd July 2017, 05:44 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsond3 View Post
Here is a taste of what I've been working on. If I can figure out how to make it sound good, I will pull the trigger. Here is the drawing for a ring shaped baffle to hold many 2" Aurasound drivers.
I suspected that "The Other Olson" would come up with some crazy idea for this event! So far, I certainly don't feel like I'll be disappointed.
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:22 PM   #16
diymv is offline diymv  United States
diyAudio Member

Looking forward to join this event! I will bring the first open baffle active speakers I have been putting together. I got the drivers in last DIY speaker contest thanks to a very generous offer, caught the bug and urge to build my own at that time. Lots of good speakers and ideas from DIY enthusiasts in these events. I am sure it will also be a blast this time! Don't want to miss...

My open baffles will have 6 total ICE modules built-in, driving 3 way design: 2 x 1000ASP, 2 x 500ASP, and 2 x 500A. Some serious power! Via a DBX active crossover.

Max
Old 3rd July 2017, 09:26 PM   #17
renatus@britten is offline renatus@britten  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Gary,

Your system will blow every other system out of the water. I think we'll have to set you up in the little room together with the headphone amps. That way we can be assured that some folks will have to stand outside the door and might possibly hear some of the other entries.
Old 4th July 2017, 07:37 PM   #18
g30ff4y is offline g30ff4y  United States
diyAudio Member

Hey guys,

I'll be bringing along my 3D-printed prototypes as well. If anyone has an amp project and would like to collaborate that would be sweet. I'll have three pairs to show, but only one pair really needs to be hooked up.

https://g30ff4y.tumblr.com/post/1483...f-july-im-back
Old 4th July 2017, 07:42 PM   #19
howardg is offline howardg  United States
diyAudio Member

Default My open baffles have significantly improved since the contest

I will bring my 4way (5way with rear tweeter) tapered, solid cherry open baffles that feature 18"subs, 12"Bozak woofs, Faital Pro mids, and dome&AMT tweets.

I hope to get around to completing some circa 1965 KLH model 19 .25 cuft walnut cabs, stuffed with 5 new drivers and a 6x9 PR in each! Not a simple and elegant design, but I like the retro cabs and the prototype goes loud and clean. The sound is balanced and clear. Basically a 3way mini monitor with dipole-effect drivers and PR on the back. Maybe show with a sub.
Old 7th July 2017, 03:11 PM   #20
mlee is offline mlee  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi All,

I'm from Canada and have been doing DIY for the past 10 years. I'd like to crash your event but can't bring anything because I do not want any trouble at the border. Would I be able to just show up, listen and chat at this event? Its one of the only places within driving distance for me .

Cheers,

P.S. All your projects look fantastic!

2017 PNW DIY ShowHide this!Advertise here!