14th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST-2017

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pics , we need pics !

Oh settle down.;)

Yes, while the black seal and I kept each other company, I fell liked I paced myself more as a long distance marathon than a 100yd dash this time - and a few months of training after returning from Bermuda in June may have helped:cheers:

Yes, all kidding aside, I thought you did rather well under the circumstances.

jeff

Last edited:
We made it to my place around 4:00 or so. After unloading my stuff and TerryO's and taking a short break from the road, Terry and John headed home. Nice day for travel. Hope the remainder of their trip is/was at least as smooth as the first part.

Thanks so much to Dave, Ruth, and Chris for accommodating everyone again. It's always a good time to see old acquaintances. We all enjoyed ourselves immensely. Food was great, and the weather was perfect.

Until we meet again . . .

I am now also safe at home. Thanks so much to everyone that made my weekend enjoyable. I had good time with my last bit of Saturday night out in the Jimmy Buffet zone with you know who. I'm sure glad I planned for a day off tomorrow.

Sure was nice to see Dave so chipper after hearing/reading all the horror stories of his ordeal (and Ruth's and Chris'.)

I really enjoyed listening to John's 6bg4 amp with the 01a pre amp up on the back deck. It seemed to be made as a perfect match to my Frugalhorns. I tried to get John to sell it to me but no way. He did say he would help me build an amp though. So that is a good thing.

Sorry Scotty. I told my wife the story and she asked why I didn't give it to you. I don't listen to her very well though. I would really enjoy working up an amp with you if you decide to go for it.

Best to everyone,
John

I didn't get many pictures this year but thought I would share a couple.

Attachments

• 20170819_122510 comp.jpg
    20170819_122510 comp.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 20170819_122525 comp.jpg
    20170819_122525 comp.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 291
You guys made me watch the video. It was quite good.

I have imagined a time lapse of driving up the mountain a number of times, i was surprised at how flat the video made coming up the backside looked. It is quite steep.

I still want to see the pictures :)

dave
On my way up I hoped a car would come the opposite direction, just to show how tight it was. I did tail a Datsun for a couple minutes though. And you're right, it just doesn't do it justice how gnarly and steep it is. Would never get built now a days.

I don't really have any other pictures than what's in the video. I was actually dissapointed I didn't get more but I was to distracted and having fun. A good thing I suppose :)

On my way up I hoped a car would come the opposite direction, just to show how tight it was. I did tail a Datsun for a couple minutes though. And you're right, it just doesn't do it justice how gnarly and steep it is. Would never get built now a days.

That was one of our regular training rides (road bike) back in the day. Then it was up and over Munns road.

jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.