14th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST-2017

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nice job tuxedocivic! A tip for what it's worth, is to have a paint brush to lay off the material when you pour from a can, pail etc. Then you won't have a mess all down the pour side of the can if you can catch it all with a brush, and you'll clean out the seal etc.
You were much more lucky than myself at spraying a decent finish outside lol. Usually for me a moth or fly of some sort will land on what would have been a really nice finish, then the temptation is to pick it/them off etc, not good and usually makes things much worse than just walking away and leaving things alone lol.
Anyhow enjoy!

Scott made it home safe a sound.
Thank you to Dave Ruth and Chris. A very good weekend, it as fun to get together and talk technical talk with my audio friends. I really enjoyed listening to John's 6bg4 amp with the 01a pre amp up on the back deck. It seemed to be made as a perfect match to my Frugalhorns. I tried to get John to sell it to me but no way. He did say he would help me build an amp though. So that is a good thing.
a great visit with good friends thanks again
Nuff said for now

Chris made it home safe as well- won't say "sound", as it's been decades since that was a fair assessment

Good to see many familiar faces, and a few new ones - now, it's well after 5:00, Nd while I'm giving the Goslings a bit of s rest, it's time for a nice glass of cheap Bulgarian Gamza and a soak in the tub, followed by grilled salmon and veggies.

Jeff, I think you asked about the variety of mint in the watermelon salad - "mojito", apparently
chiao , amigos

No, not me. While I am a fan of melons, watermelons just don't do "it" for me.:D

Must have been those "pitcher" sized dark 'n stormys you were drinking.;)

jeff

Pretty sure it was too early in the day to be confabulating that, but fair enough. Yes, while the black seal and I kept each other company, I fell liked I paced myself more as a long distance marathon than a 100yd dash this time - and a few months of training after returning from Bermuda in June may have helped:cheers:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.